Rumour 2 - Cops arrested in Sosua??

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Cops got arrested in Sosua after the english (?) embassy complained about the treatment of two english citizens. Planted drugs, and then asked for money... Lot of rumours, any substance?

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
All True...

I'm surprised that this post just dropped out of sight so fast, it could easily happen to you! The story is that they let the guy's tyre down on his bike and when he turned up he couldn't drive it away. They asked for all the docments for the bike and he didn't have them. They made him push the bike to Sosua police station while they walked along behind him. At the police station they searched the bike and - would you believe it! They found some crack cocaine hidden under the seat. (Apparently enough pieces to be charged with dealing).

The guy paid up but didn't shut up! Hooray for the "average guy" - Most of the British community know who it was and he needs to know that we all stand beside him.

I guess right now he's scared and needs reassuarance from us that should anything happen to him in the next few days, we will be there for him and his family, backing him up all the way. He can call me anytime - I only live a few minutes away, and I'm well up for a scrap with the scumbags who tried their little scheme once too often.

Let's see this through DR1'ers. IT COULD HAVE HAPPENED, AND MIGHT STILL HAPPEN TO YOU!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
You got my support

I'm surprised that this post just dropped out of sight so fast, it could easily happen to you! The story is that they let the guy's tyre down on his bike and when he turned up he couldn't drive it away. They asked for all the docments for the bike and he didn't have them. They made him push the bike to Sosua police station while they walked along behind him. At the police station they searched the bike and - would you believe it! They found some crack cocaine hidden under the seat. (Apparently enough pieces to be charged with dealing).

The guy paid up but didn't shut up! Hooray for the "average guy" - Most of the British community know who it was and he needs to know that we all stand beside him.

I guess right now he's scared and needs reassuarance from us that should anything happen to him in the next few days, we will be there for him and his family, backing him up all the way. He can call me anytime - I only live a few minutes away, and I'm well up for a scrap with the scumbags who tried their little scheme once too often.

Let's see this through DR1'ers. IT COULD HAVE HAPPENED, AND MIGHT STILL HAPPEN TO YOU!

Now try convincing the "know it alls" that this coiuld possibly happen to them. I am sure these idiots will downplay this incident as this poor guy's fault somehow.

This scheme has been used by the police for years. Sliiping dope into your pocket and then arresting you. It's good that this guy spoke up.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This one has been going on a very long time. For the people who go back far enough to remember the Otro Mundo restaurant outside Playa Dorada, the owner of that had stuff planted in his home. He was eventually exonerated of all charges after 14 months in Fortaleza prison. The 'planter' wasn't a police officer but a police informant who worked both sides of the fence.

On the case of Mr. Edwards El Faro reports that out of the 7 officers investigated, 2 have been deemed guilty and fired. The other 5 were released. So yes I could understand Mr. Edwards being apprehensive. But then I thought the original incident happened quite some time ago, so he has probably been living with the apprehension for a while?
http://www.periodicoelfaro.com.do/1221/cancelansargento.htm

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
There is a solution

The Dominican PN, Cops, gosh I hate calling them that. They are the lowest form of society, the most uneducated and untrustworthy people from the lowest levels of society. They need to be replaced completely from the bottom all the way to the very top. Have the F.A.D. police the streets until there are new recruits to relieve them. Start a criminal justice college and hire from there. Pay these people a decent salary, train them well and hold them to a higher moral standard. Make them a pillar of society that can be counted on and not feared.

I know that the "know it alls" will have alot to say about this. It is a far fetched idea but it really is the only solution. What they have in power now is not much better if at all then the criminals themself.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Perhaps

Would they be the people that post on this board that live and work in the DR full time?

Comments like that just provoke people. Is it really necessary?

Robert,

I was a recent victim of an attempted robbery. I got the upper hand on this particular time but I still got injured. People have downplayed that incident and I didn't appreciate it.

Being a "know it all" does not mean you have to live in the DR fulltime or does it sir? Names are not mentioned here and if someone is insulted because I refer to certain sarcastic self serving individuals that like to downplay an incident when someone is injured as "know it alls" then perhaps it is.
I really don't think I was insult anyone by writing a few words. Unless we have ultra sensitive opinionated people around here then by all means accept my apology.

I was pushing some buttons I must admit. When someone is a victim of a crime and you don't have anything positive to offer all I am writing is to not write or say anything at all.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
DominicanScotty, what you are doing is called flamebaiting in the on-line world. Any more will be deleted. Could you please pm me with the thread where you reported your incident.

Back to the tread topic please.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert,

I was a recent victim of an attempted robbery. I got the upper hand on this particular time but I still got injured. People have downplayed that incident and I didn't appreciate it.

Being a "know it all" does not mean you have to live in the DR fulltime or does it sir? Names are not mentioned here and if someone is insulted because I refer to certain sarcastic self serving individuals that like to downplay an incident when someone is injured as "know it alls" then perhaps it is.
I really don't think I was insult anyone by writing a few words. Unless we have ultra sensitive opinionated people around here then by all means accept my apology.

I was pushing some buttons I must admit. When someone is a victim of a crime and you don't have anything positive to offer all I am writing is to not write or say anything at all.

I sent you a PM, let's move in.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I sent you a PM, let's move in.

Together..............? LOL ;)

I believe the issue raised by Simon was support for the gentleman who made the complaint against Police for planting drugs on him. By rights the 5 police released and deemed not culpable shouldn't have an axe to grind, but they may not see it that way, since 2 of their buddies have been fired. Some would say that the British man would need to keep a low profile for a while. However, if he has done his homework, he may know that there are those in local Police who are pleased to see bad apples removed. I hope he knows which of local police he can trust.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Its taken care of

DominicanScotty, what you are doing is called flamebaiting in the on-line world. Any more will be deleted. Could you please pm me with the thread where you reported your incident.

Back to the tread topic please.

Let's move on.