New Police get paid more

D

DR-Defender

Thanks for all the comments even though I was really looking for accurate information. Now, the reason why I heard that these cops don't take money is because they are paying them much more and the government is trying to crack down on this type of curruption. Anyhow, someone mentioned to me that people have been arrested for trying to bribe these cops. Here is the difference in pay for the old cops and the new ones as far as I heard: Old cop: DR$1500 a month New cop: DR$5000-6000 a month I'm not exactly sure about this information but its just that people have told me that things are changing over there. Well, again if you have any information speak and I will appreciated. I just wished that things would be a lot better. Thanks.

J

jim

I also heard that some were University students. Here many students work days and go to schooll at nights and Saturdays etc. Theory is that with better pay and being a student they are more likely to have better morals and want to better things etc.

C

CES

Also I read some place that Oscar de la Renta was/ has designed new uniforms. Now we have high pay, university educations and designer suits, ahh. . . . what's next?

. . . CES

W

Wade

$5000-$6000 a month?! That seems outrageously high for the DR. You sure that's right? Even $1500 a month seems high. That US dollars?! I'd be honest too if I was making that kind of money.

T

Tom

This is in Dominican pesos and RD$6,000 a month is about what you need to support a family with the basic needs.