Spanish Classes in DR

holita

Jun 6, 2006
Where are the best places to take spanish classes? I have an intermedite knowledge level of spanish, and have good communications skills, I just need to work on grammar, writing, reading, and advanced conversation. Anyone know a good place to take a class like that?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Depends on where youwant to locate for the study. There are literaly hundreds of places in Santo Domingo, Santiago and aPuerto Plata.

Give us a hint///

HB

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
I have used the Hispaniola language school in Santo Domingo. It was OK. The teachers are all part-timers (just students earning a bit of extra money really) and generally follow the textbook pretty rigidly. But, like you I just wanted to brush up on my grammar, and because at intermediate level the classes are very small (most likely 1 or 2 students) and you can take extra individual classes, there are opportunities for more individually focused lessons (specific grammar issues, writing assignments, etc.). To improve reading skills I would just buy a book or newspapers and practice.

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
I use Berlitz in SDQ. There are posts rating their facility in Santiago. I am happy on price and service. They follow the Berlitz Method which has been proven. Whatever you decide what works best for you I suggest to investigate them for comparison.

Eddyx

Sep 9, 2005
I could recommend you Universidad APEC (UNAPEC) or Instituto Cultural Dominico-Americano. They have a good school of Spanish for foreigners.

holita

Jun 6, 2006
any place near el million

I have decided to live in el million? Any place to study near there? So I do not have to take a taxi very far? I would love to be able to have a place near my work, so I can take classes after work...thanks.;)

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
Spanish Classes in Puerto Plata- Cabarete area

Anyone know of high quality afordable spanish classes in Puerto Plata area. anywhere from PP to Cabarete is good. Looking for intensive instruction. Intermediate to Advanced level. Focus on grammmar and writing.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
I could recommend you Universidad APEC (UNAPEC) or Instituto Cultural Dominico-Americano. They have a good school of Spanish for foreigners.

I would not recommend APEC. Their Spanish for foreigner's program is not quality at all. The Dominico-Americano has a much better program and the PUCMM (Lincoln Campus) has one of the better programs in the city. Price wise these are much cheaper than other options like Academia Europea, Berlitz, Escuela de Espanol Hispaniola, Casa Goethe...

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
iLang School

OK- so does anyone know personally about the quality of the spanish instruction at this school?

Also, does anyone know of other options in Puerto Plata- Sosua area. I think I'd like invidual classes for advanced speakers.

Thanks! Mario

ecibjkub

Jan 26, 2008
If you are looking for personalized instruction, I'd suggest Community Service Alliance in Santo Domingo. It is a place where you will learn not only the language in a dynamic way, but will also learn about the culture and a community of Dominicans. You can visit their website at Community Service Alliance - CSADR. Good luck!