Iberostar Costa Dorado v. Sun Village Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlaplant

Sep 8, 2006
We were considering Sun Village Resort, but have heard some bad things and are now looking at Iberostar Costa Dorado. The price is not much different. Has anyone been to both? What are the comparative pros and cons of each?

Any recommendations?

boricua_girl

Sep 5, 2006
Ive been to both and I HIGHLY recommend you stay at the Iberostar (IBC) instead. The Sun Village resort is further away from the POP airport and nowhere near as nice as IBC as far as decor, ameneties, food and ambience. Once you stay at IBC you will not want to go anywhere else trust me. I try other resorts and always regret it and end up booking back at IBC!!!! IBC has great a la carte restaurants, a beautiful pool with a swim-up jacuzzi, beautiful rooms and great customer service. EMI Sun village is much larger resort and the rooms are so far away from the main lobby and restaurants that you feel like you are walking miles before you get from one place to the other, there is not much ambience here and the decor and food leave a lot to be desired. I hope this has been helpful, let me know what you decide. Good luck

dlaplant

Sep 8, 2006
ICD it is

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping for a little more input, but I hope we made the right choice with ICD. It just seemed to be the safer of the two. I read some pretty crummy reviews of Sun Village at Tripadvisor. However, the pools at Sun Village looked pretty cool though.

How much should a party of four expect to pay for taxi from Santiago to ICD?

We are also considering Ocean World. How far is it from ICD?

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
I have stayed at Iberostar many times and would always recommend it as one of the best resorts on the north coast. The resort has beautiful grounds, nice pool, great food, wonderful staff. They have just finished refurbishing the beach on Playa Dorada replacing it with gorgeous white sand. You can book packages to Ocean World from your hotel rep. Not sure how far it is, never been but heard its worth it.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Iberostar has it all over Sun Village

The taxi's at the STI airport will want 79 to 90 USD for a trip to POP.....You can get them down to $60.00 if you are persistant.............it doesn't matter how many people are in your group........it's one price so don't let them use that as an excuse.........

Ocean World is just on the other side of POP. Iberostar is on one side and Ocean World on the other..........Ocean World should pick you up at your hotel for free....part of your admission fee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.