International Commuting?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Because travel between the Dominican Republic and New York is relatively cheap and quick and because the cost of living is less, the DR appears to be a good location to commute from. If one only needs reliable phone service, reliable electricity, reliable high speed internet, and to be in New York a few times a month, the DR might make for a good home.

I was curious to know if there are many international commuters, who make the DR their home, but do their business in New York. Also, I was curious to know if they are in finance or consulting.

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Because travel between the Dominican Republic and New York is relatively cheap and quick and because the cost of living is less, the DR appears to be a good location to commute from. If one only needs reliable phone service, reliable electricity, reliable high speed internet, and to be in New York a few times a month, the DR might make for a good home.

I was curious to know if there are many international commuters, who make the DR their home, but do their business in New York. Also, I was curious to know if they are in finance or consulting.

Thanks,
Helpmann :)
I know people (ahem) who do business in both countries and spend as much time in each through out the year.

Don't know if it counts as commuting. I guess not since they have a foot in DR and another in US.

-NALs

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Play All Day, But Work Away...

I know people (ahem) who do business in both countries and spend as much time in each through out the year.

Don't know if it counts as commuting. I guess not since they have a foot in DR and another in US.

-NALs
Thanks for your response. I am looking for people who only live in the Dominican Republic for the lifestyle, not people who make their money in the DR.

-Helpmann :)

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
I'm an international commuter

I just moved in to my house in Sosua and currently work in Seattle. I have a high speed satillite connection (not cheap) and a VPN to connect to my office software. I also use Vonage so there are no long distance telephone costs associated to doing business from here.

For me it's paradise come true. If you want more detailed information just PM me and I'll tell you what I can.

Jack

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Cool!

I just moved in to my house in Sosua and currently work in Seattle. I have a high speed satillite connection (not cheap) and a VPN to connect to my office software. I also use Vonage so there are no long distance telephone costs associated to doing business from here.

For me it's paradise come true. If you want more detailed information just PM me and I'll tell you what I can.

Jack
Thanks, I'll send you a PM later on today.

-Helpmann :)