Were there Dominicans killed in the World Trade Center on 911.

traci

Sep 8, 2006
tracifish.blogspot.com
Please, if you know of any, will you post something here?
701_031.gif

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
When we discussed it here on DR1 apparently there were many that worked in the kitchen and unfortunately because they were in the US illegally the families never came forward which also prevented them from getting compensation that was available.

Trying to find the thread but it's been 5 years.

Very sad.;(

traci

Sep 8, 2006
tracifish.blogspot.com
Thank you. For my blog, I was assigned a 911 victim, whom I believe is from the Dominican Republic. This doesn't mean I'm just here to ask for information and run. I would like to stick around, although I'm addicted to the Sean Hannity Forum. (is it okay to name another forum?...if not, I will edit this out.).

It is sad, but my guy's information has not been updated since 2002. There is only a photo of a candle by his name. He worked at Windows on The World...and there are only two people that posted on his memorial...and they do not know him. This is making me sad. I want to honor his life...and the loved ones he left behind. I hope alot of people loved him....and miss him.

It breaks my heart to look at the list and see all the people with candles by their name instead of a photo.

Last edited:

traci

Sep 8, 2006
tracifish.blogspot.com
When we discussed it here on DR1 apparently there were many that worked in the kitchen and unfortunately because they were in the US illegally the families never came forward which also prevented them from getting compensation that was available.

Very sad.;(

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's still all so tragic. I wish there were something we could do for the illegals.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
AnnaC

Very sad.;(

This is so very true and so very sad...I was in Jersey City that morning and watched the HORROR from across the Hudson River...I WILL NEVER FORGET.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Do you mean Dominicans living in the DR at that moment or just Dominican-Americans? In the building where I lived at that time died a Dominican woman she was in her thirties, she worked at the WTC, she had two small children about 4 & 6 yrs old.

Her husband moved to the DR a few months after that with the children. He used to come back once in a while but I haven't seen him since I also moved from that area. It was so sad, that afternoon everyone was talking about how she had not been heard of and that she was missing.

We had memorial mass for those who lived in the neighborhood and also had a memorial gathering in the lobby of the building. It was just heart breaking to see the three of them and to know how she died, I believe she worked on the 89th floor.

traci

Sep 8, 2006
tracifish.blogspot.com
Hi M.A.R.,

I do not know. This is all I have:

Jesus Ovalles, 60, of New York, NY, an employee with Windows on the World, died Sept. 11, 2001, a victim of the coordinated terrorist attacks against the United States in New York.

-----

He's possibly Dominican. There are only two messages on his memorial:

"I am glad that you are now in Heaven in the presence of the Lord and I am sure to say that you will never be forgotten, my heart and condolences go out to your family and friends, see you when we all join once again. No vemos primo."

The other one said basically the same thing...but from "a fellow Dominican"

----

If this is all I can find, I'm going to honor him by learning what a 60-year-old
Dominican Male might have liked...assuming he was raised in the DR. So far I imagine he liked to dance...and lived among some of the most breath-taking scenery the world has ever seen.

Last edited:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Traci in your op you indicated that for your blog you were assigned a 911 victim. Can you explained to us who assigned the 911 victim. Btw what is the address of your blog.