Playa Grande Golf Course Going Private?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
According to an ad. I came across Playa Grande Golf Course will become private in 2008, for resident members. Anyone have further info as to what this means? Does it mean that if you're not a resident on the new development you can't play?
http://www.playagrande.com/contact.html

I think by that time Playa Grande Holdings S.A. will be firmly established and only those with very deep pockets will be allowed.

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
Join Fedogolf and you may play at any dominican golf course with a good discount or depending on the season you even have a free round with the exemption of SDCC and La Romana CC.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think by that time Playa Grande Holdings S.A. will be firmly established and only those with very deep pockets will be allowed.

Yes, makes sense. Thank you Galk, but I fear Playa Grande Holdings S.A. will not be extending to Fedogolf members! The question was not so much about cost as about exclusivity, the changeover from a public course to a private one.

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Fedogolf

Join Fedogolf and you may play at any dominican golf course with a good discount or depending on the season you even have a free round with the exemption of SDCC and La Romana CC.

Could you please tell me how to join "Fedogolf"
thank you.

B

batich

Golf in DR!!?? Loco

What golf when there are thousands of beautifull girls everywhere around???!!!:lick:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
It makes

What golf when there are thousands of beautifull girls everywhere around???!!!:lick:

a convenient "alibi" for wives, girlfriends, family and co-workers as to why you keep traveling to the DR.

There 2 entire sub-categories of male tourists. Some go to the DR primarily for the chicas, but bring the golf clubs along to "keep up appearences", and others are serious golfers who also like to "indulge".;)

My apologies to those who do indulge in the golf only, but I suspect you are a small minority among those who go frequently and exclusively to the DR. Most serious golfers with money to travel overseas to play are going to spend time in other places. the DR has some nice courses, but it's not "all that" for golf.

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
The office of Fedogolf in Sto. Domingo is located near Diamond Mall, travelling on extension of Abraham Lincoln coming from J.F Kennedy.
Passing the trafficklight just after the mall and turning left on a small intersection before reaching the Botanic Garden.
It is located on the left side in a small road.
I'm missing the name of the road.
Anual costs are RD$ 5.000 and they may know whether Playa Grande will become private or not.
For 2006 it is included, High season 50US$ instead of 120US$, Low season
30US$ instead of 70US$.
Low season one round free.
Tels. (809) 338-1004, (809) 540-4075, FAX: (809) 338-1008

Bear

Aug 15, 2006
I am fairly new to the DR but it is my understanding that the golf course at
Playa Grande was established and built by the government with "tax payer"
money. Unless I am very naive, it begs the question how can it now become
a private enterprise. Some body must have been paid off.
Any comments?

ace

Apr 11, 2004
The office of Fedogolf in Sto. Domingo is located near Diamond Mall, travelling on extension of Abraham Lincoln coming from J.F Kennedy.
Passing the trafficklight just after the mall and turning left on a small intersection before reaching the Botanic Garden.
It is located on the left side in a small road.
I'm missing the name of the road.
Anual costs are RD$ 5.000 and they may know whether Playa Grande will become private or not.
For 2006 it is included, High season 50US$ instead of 120US$, Low season
30US$ instead of 70US$.
Low season one round free.
Tels. (809) 338-1004, (809) 540-4075, FAX: (809) 338-1008
Thank you, Hillbilly is looking into the requirements for me.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Thank you, Hillbilly is looking into the requirements for me.
I hope he lets us know if it is 12 months from date of joining or a January - December membership!! :bunny: :bunny: :cheeky: (That's an 'IN' joke ace, one that the old cumudgeon will smile at & rib me for next time he & I meet up!!). ~ Grahame.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Does anyone have news/updates on the Sea Horse Ranch Gold Course? Will it be public or private? Can you play and/or join if you don't own in Sea Horse Ranch? Any idea who's designing it and if it's expected to be a "Top 100" course?