Protection against noise and loud music-???

B

batich

According to DR law is it allowed for condos or neibourghoods to ban loud music or orther public disturbance?

For instance in USA it is not possible. If a neighbourhood wants to be nice and quiet and does not want to accept those people who play loud music outdoors all day long - it is immediatelly sued under desegregation law.

What is situation in DR?

I love all races,nations and skin colors. But I think that if a group of houses wants to live without noise and loud music they should have this right too??

Please enlighten. It is important for my decision to buy or not property in DR.. And if to buy - where.

If I want to listen to a very loud music I use my headphones.

If I want to listen to it loud in public - I go to discoteke.

Why for some people it is so important that the whole street listens to his music!!??

Any explanations??

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Ruido

...Why for some people it is so important that the whole street listens to his music!!??
Any explanations??

*They like it. :bunny:
*They want to show off what loud equipment they can afford.
*They are half deaf.
*Dominicans do not have much consideration for other people.
* It's part of the Latin culture to make oneself 'heard'. ;)

Let's see whether new measures change things:
http://63.134.202.225/app/article.aspx?id=32997

m'frog

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Batich, El Neptuno, the condo where I live, has been workiong with the representative of the Ministry of Tourism in Sosua to control the noise from Voodoo Lounge and has gotten excellent cooperation.

If anything, their efforts have become even more serious since the President announced his intention to bring tranquility to the country. However, we got great cooperation even before that.

B

batich

Thank you, my neighbour!

I myself was living in El Neptuno untill the very last moment and never had problems with Voodoo. But mostly from stray dogs that come to my windows every morning at 7.00 AM and start barking very loud. Especially one of them in a very high pitch.

Motoconchos sometimes, yes. But Voodoo? Never bothered me much,honest.

El Neptuno is a very good place. Especially with the new owner. I really like it!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Batich:

What stray dogs are you talking about?

The only dogs are the annoying Guard Dogs across the street, that only bark when the owner blows their horn to open the gate.

New owner? They are individually owned condo units.

Me thinks you are confused, again!

B

batich

I know the woman who blows the horn every time, forgot to mention her. Stupid b***h.

A friend of mine wanted to drive to her house in the middle of each night and to honk too. But had to leave back home to Japan.
No, on the other side of the building. Dogs come in the morning from some other part of the village.

I was talking about the owner of MY apartamento as I was renting it. On the first floor. First from the left.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Noise is of interest to the people of the DR. There is and always has been a law on the books concerning noise but as with all the laws here they are only enforced when it suits them.

Rick