A Gringo Dead! (Puerto Plata)

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I heard that last night or ealry this morning.............(Swiss Anthony 36 years old)
Was killed while driving his Bike on the Malecon in PTO.PTA.
I was deeply sadened as he was a renter of mine for some time.
I was Informed that his body was taken to the capital for examination.

R.I.P. Anthony..............

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
At this time I'm quite sure it was an accident

I was told his bike was hit head on..........by an oncoming car and he was thrown several feet to his death instantly.
By now other people on this board have better details then mine.

B

batich

Gringo from NY

Several months ago a buddy from NY came to Sosua.
Right coming from airport immediately rented a bike and was driving by Casa Marina. There two bumps there. He slowed down on the first one. Did not know about the second. Accelerated. Was thrown away down to the ground.
And within just one hour upon arriving to Sosua (first time to DR at all) was under surgery in Emergency room.

Cool vacation!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Several months ago a buddy from NY came to Sosua.
Right coming from airport immediately rented a bike and was driving by Casa Marina. There two bumps there. He slowed down on the first one. Did not know about the second. Accelerated. Was thrown away down to the ground.
And within just one hour upon arriving to Sosua (first time to DR at all) was under surgery in Emergency room.

Cool vacation!

Cool Vacation! Some buddy you are.:ermm:

B

batich

Cool Vacation! Some buddy you are.:ermm:

I saw him first time in my life.

told him not to rent this stupid thing.

then brought him to the hospital and stayed with him there the whole night and afterwords for three days bought for him medication food and brought to el medico for treatment.

yes i think i am some buddy. Thank you!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006

then brought him to the hospital and stayed with him there the whole night and afterwords for three days bought for him medication food and brought to el medico for treatment.

Hey buddy sorry for any missunderstading about what cool vacation meant.:cheeky:

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Don't think so

I read (on another board) about a 'Swiss Dominican' who supposedly was killed in Cabarete?
Could this be the same person?

m'frog

I have heard the news from 7 different people now and all are just about the same.
Thay say it happened on the Puerto Plata Malecon in front of a car rental place, also he was carrying a back pack with his lap top in it that mysteriously disappeared?

Larry (A.K.A.Gringo)

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I now have the complete story..............

My wife just told me she saw the news on TV last night.

Anthony a Swiss National was killed instantly when he left his place of work in Villa's Cofresi, Puerto Plata at 12:30 AM.

Anthony was going extremely fast at about 1:00 AM. along the Malecon as was the oncoming Suv, Anthony was forced off upon impact and died instantly.

The driver of the Suv. is in Hospital in serious condition as the Bike went through the Suv's winshield and caught fire.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

All joking aside, yes you sound like a very decent person. I'm sure he appreciated your presence in his time of need. That was very kind of you.