Friendships

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Have Money!

Dominicans will do "ANYTHING" for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Especially pretend to be your friend!
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You need to be a little more specific.

Friendship with a woman, man, business owner etc etc?

To be honest, I sometimes wonder at some of the questions that get asked on the board :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm Not At All Bitter!

It's better to avoid a "Minefield",or at least be aware when you are in one!!!

Those of us who live here 24/7 and live and work with Dominicans will ALL tell you the same thing!!!!

We are not "Bitter",...we are CONVINCED!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
It's all depend where you hang out .... go to good hotel clubs, country club etc and you will find good people. In the Santo Domingo Country Club is nobody looking for your money, but you have to be a member.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I would say that the members of the Sto Dgo CC

Are more likely the biggest thieves in the country!! Ever hear of "Baniter"???
As Sammy Sosa used to say:..."SOLIDO, Como Baniter"! Before they took 2 Billion US from the Dominican People to bail out the rich depositors!

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
I have to say for once I agree with Chris CCCCCCCCC Colon on this one. The rich are just tigueres ranquiao as they say, and the Baninter fiasco is just one example from the Hipolito years. "Behind every great fortune is a great crime."--Balzac The country clubs are all about money, and if people dont rob you outright you can be sure that they are still sizing you up in terms of their unquestioned adherence to concepts of "estatu." On the other hand, Leon Jimenez is full of hard working straight talking sensible business people, who are also quite rich but not out and out thieves. Just very good capitalists (which in some books is equivalent to being a thief).

However, it is fair to say that you will find people here, as in any other place, who, despite their circumstances whatever they may be, rich or poor, manage to rise above and be their best. I have plenty of honest friends here, and if you are any decent judge of character you should be able to weed out the bad ones. Believe it or not, I also know some honest policemen here and some honest lawyers. I see as much honesty around me as I do perfidy and thievery.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
I don't get the connection with Country club and thieves .... so I'm called a thieve here because I like to play golf ? I have seen many Country Clubs in the world and always found old business men or their families enjoying the facilities a club has to offer, and I think only because some of you won't be even able to enter the main gate don't mean there are all thieves in there.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
People like to socialize with people whom they can identify with. If you walk around in shorts, baseball cap, t shirt and messed up hair as though you have just gotten off the bed, then no decent well dressed dominican would want to sit with you.
Many foreigners are "mal vestidos" (bad dressers) and smoke cigarettes like a coal train, blowing smoke on people's faces, they will always be sitting alone.
I have all the friends I need in santiago. WHY?
I dress properly, talk with humor, speak their language and don't act better then them. They accept me. My friends are not your average chopo who only wants to drink off your bill. My friends will often pay for your drinks as well. I am talking about dominicans here.
AZB

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Very good AZB, same with me, and it seems if somebody is better dressed than them and on top is dominican then they are counted as thieves ..... only because they shave in the morning and don't hang out in Colmados drunk.