Calling Canada from the DR

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
I will be travelling in the DR in October. Normally I call Canada from the phone centres and I find reasonably priced, however, I wonder if it's cheaper to call a landline vs. a cellphone in Canada.

Canada Direct from a public phone is by far the cheapest via landline
1-800-333-0111

From a hotel, follow the hotel instructions to get an outside line. Then dial the Canada Direct number which is provided to hotels toll-free, but some hotels may apply a surcharge.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Thanks

Is calling Canada from the DR similar to calling the DR from Canada in that it is more expensive to call a cellphone as opposed to a landline?

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
So does anyone know

Is calling Canada from the DR similar to calling the DR from Canada in that it is more expensive to call a cellphone as opposed to a landline?

So no one really answered my original question. Is there any difference in long distance rates to Canada if I call a Canadian cell phone or Canadian landline?

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
I guess it is not as simple.. There is the diffrence with what you are using to call out... I used SKYPE all summer, with my computer. Skype doesn't descriminate. It cost me 0.025¢ (really 2 and half ¢)/min for either land or mobile.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
So no one really answered my original question. Is there any difference in long distance rates to Canada if I call a Canadian cell phone or Canadian landline?

Nike,

I understand your question. I know cell to cell from Canada to the DR is more expensive than cell to a land line. I don't know if it works the same way there.

I used to call from the hotel lobby where they dialed and transfered the call to a house phone and I would pay a dollar a minute to a cell or a land line.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
From the DR to Canada, it makes no difference if you are calling to a land line or a cell phone. Either is expensive. Luckily there is a new option coming to the hotels in this country!!! IF you work in a hotel and want info then PM me.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Interesting!

From the DR to Canada, it makes no difference if you are calling to a land line or a cell phone. Either is expensive. Luckily there is a new option coming to the hotels in this country!!! IF you work in a hotel and want info then PM me.

Thanks Planner...that's good to know. I don't work in a hotel.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Not sure but I usually buy a calling card in the DR and use that to call Canada it's not too expensive. Calling from your room using the hotel phone is expensive usually in my experience.