New Blog

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
I am taking a cue from Maine Girl and Chirimoya and posting this thread to announce my new blog, which can be found here.

I hope this is the right place for it. I wont be posting updates, just wanted to make a general announcement. The blog will deal with a variety of dominican topics, and whatever else might arouse my curiosity, but the catch is it is all written in Spanish, the purpose of which is to force me to work more intensively and repeatedly in the language. So those of you who speak Spanish, and there are many on the board, feel free to point out all my errors! To date there are three short articles, one that deals with travel in general, one on the bateys (course, but there wont be much of that), and one about 9/11, which I covered. There will be subsequent pieces on trees, on language, on food, on history, on vod?, on all sorts of things Dominican.

And for those of you who dont read Spanish, I also have begun to post a series of travel essays on my website, so you can read about conchos, velorios, or the colonial zone by clicking here, which will take you to the travel essays index.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Jon, nice blog! I have bookmarked it already!

We'd still interested in having you someday contribute something to our little team blog, the Green Team. Hope you're still interested (also hope you'll consider adding a link to it on your blog!).

Best regards,
Keith

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
I am indeed Keith, and I want to write about environmental issues as well -- not just the blog but for magazines. I am now in touch with a guy from England who is writing his dissertation on the national parks here and we are considering a collaboration of sorts in the future.

Also one pet project is to do an extensive photographic categorization of all the flora and fauna here. There are publications available but there is room for more.

The link will be added forthwith.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
nueva bit?cora

Congratulations maco - it's a bold move to embark on a public writing project, especially when it's not your first language.

Have you registered on blogsdominicanos.com? That will help get the blog some exposure. You might like to register on other Spanish/Latin American blog directories - they can be found via blogsdominicanos.

Suerte!

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Ah, I didnt even know such registrations existed. I will do so. so far I have had more than 80 people look in. How nice. I am also getting some expert grammatical help and have already fixed one error. This is working. next little piece, i think, will be a fable I wrote for a projected children's lit book. Hoping my daughter will contribute the graphics!