Airport Taxis.

kenster666

Sep 12, 2006
Hi all.

I am travelling to the IFA Villas resort next month and I was wondering how reliable the taxi service is from Punta Cana airport.

We can get a private transfer, both ways, for around $110 but I would prefer to get a taxi.

My girlfirend seems to think that as soon as we get into a taxi we will be robbed!

Can anyone put her at ease about this - and save me some cash at the same time...

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I can't tell you the cost of an airport taxi to your resort, but, you can count on airport taxis to readily available and quite safe. Most airport taxi drivers are concerned in keeping their taxi license and the worse you have to worry about is being quoted an inflated rate. All rates are posted at the taxi stand and be sure to confirm it with the driver. The rate is for the entire taxi, up to 4 passengers, including luggage. No tip is necessary as these drivers are self-employed. For the return trip, the hotel will have licensed taxis with rates posted also. Maybe somebody more familiar with the Punta Cana area will know the taxi rate and how far from the airport to the hotel.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Relax

As you exit the airport, look to your left and you will see the posting of the taxi rates. If you want to look like you're in charge, walk over to it, look at it and a dozen taxi drivers will come up to you and offer to take you to IFA for the posted rate. About $25.

I just did exactly this last week from PUJ to Cortecito in Bavaro near Captain Cook's.

Be assured that, although people might try to maximize what they can get from you at times, the Dominicans are wonderful, sweet people by and large. Oftentimes you will get back what you put out--if you are worried about getting robbed, you will get robbed. "We create the things we fear."

Relax, have fun. Be open to the experience of being in a great place. But don't be foolish and wash your hands a lot. The germs haven't read the philosophy.

kenster666

Sep 12, 2006
Thanks guys.

I think she has read too may scare stories on the internet.
I'm sure we will have a great time.

Kiki

Jan 7, 2006
Hi all.

I am travelling to the IFA Villas resort next month and I was wondering how reliable the taxi service is from Punta Cana airport.

We can get a private transfer, both ways, for around $110 but I would prefer to get a taxi.

My girlfirend seems to think that as soon as we get into a taxi we will be robbed!

Can anyone put her at ease about this - and save me some cash at the same time...

Hi
I took a taxi from the airport to IFA and back for about US20.00.

I can assure you that the taxis are reliable and will take you anywhere you want to go but just don't let them rip you off.

Make sure you pay roughly US20-25 and no higher.

Have fun:)