Old English Style Fish and Chips (PTO.PTA.)

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yellow Beards English Pub in Puerto Plata is serving Fresh Fish & Chips every day. The meal comes with mushy peas a hugh piece of white fish and of course chips, all for RD $250.00 Pesos.
This is Derrick's new place.............used to run Cheers Bar Long Beach
Calle Duarte #3 Puerto Plata 1-809-424-6182.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife(English) and I (American) just moved to POP. Can you tell me how to find Yellow Beards English Pub? We line in CerroMar, next to Torre Alta.

Also, I am an ole Bass Ale lover, and ideas for the POP?

thanks

Phil&Gerry hungry for English style fish and chips.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sorry but the original post was December last, Derrick has gone back to Manchester.

Unfortunately the only other place I can think of in Puerto Plata is the Irish Tavern. Sadly I tried the Fish and Chips, the fish was still frozen inside, now this was four months ago so maybe they figured out how to turn up the fryer.
However I think they should stick with the Corn beef and Cabbage and leave the Fish and Chips to the Brits. :)

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
further up the way.........

debbies pantry in villa flores on the pedro clisante(main st)in sosua do all sorts of "'english""style food.
regular fish and chips with a side salad retails for 200rd.
a deal and a half if you can make it to sosua.

C

Chip00

debbies pantry in villa flores on the pedro clisante(main st)in sosua do all sorts of "'english""style food.
regular fish and chips with a side salad retails for 200rd.
a deal and a half if you can make it to sosua.

Man that sound like enough of a reason to go to the beach this weekend.

Say hey, can one also get some good watered down British beer?(just kidding - I bleed presidente!)

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
beer+beach=beutifull

Man that sound like enough of a reason to go to the beach this weekend.

Say hey, can one also get some good watered down British beer?(just kidding - I bleed presidente!)
believe me its worth the trip.
just to fill yerself and anyone else in,they open 11:30 till 3pm then close till 5:45pm.
they dont do the water down'd british cats wee,but they STILL have a considerable amount of large draught guinness,thats, cold,cold,cold!:lick:
if thats not yer bag then yes they have zee presidente also(not at wip off prices either).
the 200rd fish and chips is the standard one but as you seem intrested they do other varities of fish (all BIG portions)at around the 300-320rd mark.
if you like i can pm you my tel nbr and we can "hook up"(pun intended!).
hasta el sabador:cross-eye :cross-eye :cross-eye

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
English style food/fish and chips

thanks everyone for your replies. We will give it a try in Sosua.

thanks again.

Phil & Gerry

bdaric

Aug 28, 2003
I thought Guiness wasn't supposed to be chilled?

Oh, and don't forget de beer is in de batter...have to be real ale to be any good...!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Don't forget Debbie's homemade pies for desert. They also have some great ice cream and strawberry deserts.

You can't go wrong at this place.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
Chill It Out....

I thought Guiness wasn't supposed to be chilled?

Oh, and don't forget de beer is in de batter...have to be real ale to be any good...!
yes guinness is much nicer and is supposed to be chilled.
some old timers at home like it warm and ask for it OFF THE SHELF...
but its a dying thing.
guinness can be bloody horrible warm.thats why the few times i have drank it here i had to speed up or the last bit tasted rank.:glasses:

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Yep, we tried the Irish Pub Fish and Chips. Not very nice. But thought it may have just been that night, so we tried it again. Not very nice.

vinylmeister

Mar 1, 2007
What happened to the English restaurant behind the Cathedral in Santo Domingo, has it moved elsewhere or gone?
Are there any other English Food restaurants in Santo Domingo or surroundings, recommendations please

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
They closed

What happened to the English restaurant behind the Cathedral in Santo Domingo, has it moved elsewhere or gone?
Are there any other English Food restaurants in Santo Domingo or surroundings, recommendations please

From what I understand the lease went up to more than they wanted to pay, and they closed. As far as I know they did not open a new place.
Robert help me out.