UK Passport renewal request

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Thanks Larry for starting your thread about your US passport. It reminded me that I will shortly have to renew my passport. So my question is; can I renew my UK passport in Puerto Plata consulate or do I have to go to S.D. if S.D. does anyone know the address please?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Why? It's a UK passport and people with information about this might not click on the US passport thread. Having said that, the title should mention it's a UK passport she's asking about.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Why? It's a UK passport and people with information about this might not click on the US passport thread. Having said that, the title should mention it's a UK passport she's asking about.

Thank you Chiri, the only reason I didnt put UK in the title is Im not sure if the rules have changed in the European Union, we now have European passports. For example can any consulate (here in the DR) of any country in the EU issue a renewal passport for a member country?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
You can do it through the Puerto Plata office. Being an Ex-Pat Brit of some period in the DR I presume you have the Tel. Number & e-mail address for the office?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thank you Chiri, the only reason I didnt put UK in the title is Im not sure if the rules have changed in the European Union, we now have European passports. For example can any consulate (here in the DR) of any country in the EU issue a renewal passport for a member country?

No, definitely not.

Wait and see what the answer is re getting it done in by the British consulate in Puerto Plata.

If you have to travel to Santo Domingo the address is Edificio Pepin, 7th floor, Av. 27 de Febrero, near the intersection with Av. Tiradentes. Phone no 809 472 7373. I've always found Lourdes and Vianela to be particularly helpful.

edited to add - just saw Grahame's reply, so ignore the above.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Details of consular in POP

Thank you Chiri.

Grahame, I did have all his info in my old phone which was 'acquired' would you be so kind as to provide me with this POP info again.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thank you Chiri.

Grahame, I did have all his info in my old phone which was 'acquired' would you be so kind as to provide me with this POP info again.

Regrettably he can't because he has had to go out. You will, of course, find this information in the telephone directory. Might be helpful to you to copy it to more than one place for safe keeping. Mendez will take your expiring passport, documents, fees etc and he will forward to Santo Domingo for issue of new one. You just need to fill in the form. Then, when it comes back to PP office, he will call you. Oh, just thought, he'd better not do that if your phone was 'acquired'..........;)

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
contact

Regrettably he can't because he has had to go out. You will, of course, find this information in the telephone directory. Might be helpful to you to copy it to more than one place for safe keeping. Mendez will take your expiring passport, documents, fees etc and he will forward to Santo Domingo for issue of new one. You just need to fill in the form. Then, when it comes back to PP office, he will call you. Oh, just thought, he'd better not do that if your phone was 'acquired'..........;)

Many thanks Lambada, I got the info from the web.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
A salutory note in this thread for everyone - no matter from which country you have arrived from. Important telephone numbers are ......... well, IMPORTANT - they could be your lifeline & save you in times of dire need! SO, keep them safe AND DUPLICATED OR TRIPLICATED somewhere!!

Mobile 'phones are prime targets for stealing these days so only keep on them what is essential to be kept there. Duplicate these (& your other more personal numbers) in a diary address or personal 'phone book. We have two of those PLUS the computer 'Contacts' programme - a bit heavy to keep them all up to date I agree, but at least we do not have to keep chasing after people who have given us the contact numbers in the past. I have lost one or two 'friends' who could not understand why I got irked when they asked me for a third time what a particular Tel. number was.

Sorry I was unable to respond with the 809 586 4244 or 809 586 8464 number yesterday Barbara - I had to go out after writing that quick message! You can also e-mail Mendez at Genni_Mendez@hotmail.com.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
A salutory note in this thread for everyone - no matter from which country you have arrived from. Important telephone numbers are ......... well, IMPORTANT - they could be your lifeline & save you in times of dire need! SO, keep them safe AND DUPLICATED OR TRIPLICATED somewhere!!

Mobile 'phones are prime targets for stealing these days so only keep on them what is essential to be kept there. Duplicate these (& your other more personal numbers) in a diary address or personal 'phone book. We have two of those PLUS the computer 'Contacts' programme - a bit heavy to keep them all up to date I agree, but at least we do not have to keep chasing after people who have given us the contact numbers in the past. I have lost one or two 'friends' who could not understand why I got irked when they asked me for a third time what a particular Tel. number was.

Sorry I was unable to respond with the 809 586 4244 or 809 586 8464 number yesterday Barbara - I had to go out after writing that quick message! You can also e-mail Mendez at Genni_Mendez@hotmail.com.

Very helpful - many thanks

tonisusan

Feb 7, 2005
One little tip when making your application for Uk passport in SD they only accept applications between 10.00am and 1200 and when you return after 10 days to collect they only hand out between 12 and 1 pm!! and if you get really unlucky like me who had travelled from Las Terrenas Samana they'll be closed for an extra bank holiday which they didnt tell you about first time you went!!!

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Fax No,s

Thanks Larry for starting your thread about your US passport. It reminded me that I will shortly have to renew my passport. So my question is; can I renew my UK passport in Puerto Plata consulate or do I have to go to S.D. if S.D. does anyone know the address please?

Ladybird fax no for POP 809-5863096 S/DOM 809-4727574 ANY USE

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
............... and if you get really unlucky like me who had travelled from Las Terrenas Samana they'll be closed for an extra bank holiday which they didnt tell you about first time you went!!!

Ahhhh, that brings back memories of dealing with Santo Domingo!!

Brings up another 'CULTURE THING' here though, you never get information you don't ASK for!:speechles ! It is YOUR fault for not asking the question "XYZ date is a Bank Holiday (you should KNOW these things even if they get changed!!), will you be open"? :devious: Always ask one question at a time though or only the last one will get answered!! :nervous: ~ Grahame.

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
Changes?

My husband need to renew his UK passport but we heard that things had changed and when we called the Embassy in Santo Domingo, they told us that they did not know how they were going to deal with this and we should call them in a couple of weeks when they had worked it out! There was talk of the passports being made in Mexico but I am still waiting to hear.

Does anyone have any news as we are getting a bit anxious!

Thanks

Nikki