Xmas tickets - again!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
How much did you pay for your ticket to DR for Xmas? When did you purchase, how purchased, dates, where to and where from please...

kdeer

Mar 28, 2006
Not bad prices for the time of year

Toronto to Puerto Plata - Dec 19 - January 11 $1100 Cdn
Toronto to Puerto Plata - Dec 19 - January 2 $800 Cdn
Toronto to Puerto Plata - Dec 23 - January 6 $1185 Cdn

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
in american the go ahead prices during dec 20'sh til january 2-10 is about 800 dollars. delta is over 1,000 usd.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Try Spirit through FLL to SDQ on a Tues-Thurs. I fly regularly for $198 plus taxes ($131).

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
TD I heard that prices will drop after the 15th (this friday). The person who told me is a travel agent. I don't believe the person though. I've been checking tickets on Delta and the prices have been 800+ for the last two months. I'll be booking soon. When I book I'll let you know how much I paid.

Jun 5, 2004
I have great news for you guys. I checked AA yesterday and there was a fare for one way for 231.40 STI JFK 1/2/07. The round trip fare was crazy at about 700 dollars. My suggestion is try to buy a one way leaving and a one way coming back. You will be paying about twenty extra dollars in taxes but you can save an extra hundred dollars.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
TD I heard that prices will drop after the 15th (this friday). The person who told me is a travel agent. I don't believe the person though. I've been checking tickets on Delta and the prices have been 800+ for the last two months. I'll be booking soon. When I book I'll let you know how much I paid.

Ok - No me aguante. Could't wait any longer.

I just booked. Paid $805.90 mid december to the first week of Jan. Too much speculating from different people (family, friends, and that travel agent). F it. If the price goes down they'll have to reimburse me like AA did to me once. I bought a ticket and two weeks later the price dropped and they reimbursed me.

BTW - it was a business class ticket on both legs of the trip. I asked about coach and the lady said "oh well, it looks like coach is pretty much sold out". Maybe they are holding the coach tickets and will release them. Again WHO KNOWS??? That's why I said whatever let me buy it now. Last year I paid $760 for a business class ticket round trip.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
My guess is that the prices will drop when the the airlines announce their Winter Fares (probably later this month). Continental has plenty of unsold seats.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Well, I dont think I'm making it this year... I have to buy 3 tickets and I cannot see myself paying 2400 so that I can spend another 2400 while there... is just too much!

Last year I got all 3 for 1000 - I started my search early this year but didnt find anything worth it.

So that means we have to set up some sort of DR1 reunion to pick me up!

PS - Tigre, I'm happy for you. I hope anyone going there for Xmas has fun (I still think you are all SOB's - but I digress...)

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
I'm having a hard time trying to book SLC - SDQ between december 14 and january 5-6-7. Last year I paid 695, same date, now it's around 995. There is no way to get a cheap flight from ATL, JFK, or MIA to SDQ

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Everyone must be going this year...I've been looking for a little while and everything out of Detroit is in the 800+ range for that time of the year.

TD: Like you I'm considering not going as well. I have four tickets to buy, so we're talking more than 3000 USD plus the other spending such as clothes (gotta look good), drinks, trips, etc... In addition my in laws also want to go (even though they will be paying their own way). If anyone does find something reasonable please send it this way. I don't want to spend new years eve in cold, boring Michigan...

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
TD and Suarezn,

If I had other tickets to buy I would consider staying as well so I know exactly where you are coming from. It's not easy to just cough up a big wad of cash like that.

Hope you both find something reasonable. I didn't want to pay $800 bucks either but seeing that it might get even more expensive I decided to buy.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Well, I've been looking on AA since the end of June and the prices have been jacked up $800 and up the whole time until now. And this is for coach. Of course my dominican neighbor is always talking about how she knows someone who got theirs for $2-300 dollars, but fails to mention that they leave before Dec. 15th and arrive way after the 2nd. of January when the prices are better.

What was more annoying is that she told me to just stay longer and get a doctors' note from a DR physician. "They can't fire you for that, can they?"
My reply-"Sweetheart, I don't work in a bodega-I have a city job that I may not like but I don't want to lose right now. Entiende?"

Off my rant-I'll keep checking but it may be hopeless.

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
I'm having a hard time trying to book SLC - SDQ between december 14 and january 5-6-7. Last year I paid 695, same date, now it's around 995. There is no way to get a cheap flight from ATL, JFK, or MIA to SDQ

Finally I booked my flight from SLC to SDQ, $780. on US Airways.com, December 15 connecting in las vegas and PHL, same connections on returning flight Jan 6

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Wowwwwwwwwwwwww everyone look at what happened...

+ $88.90 taxes/fees = $1,035.90

I just checked my same dates and the ticket went up to this amount from $805.90 - I AM GLAD I BOUGHT IT LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</SPAN>

Mar 27, 2006
JFK to STI for $295 for our trip Dec.27th-Jan. 3rd. Bought the tickets in March. Early bird catches the worm every time.