Interesting reading

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am interested in BORROWING anything, i have arrived 2 months ago, lock stock and barrel, on a charter flight with a 25kg luggage limit. with a broken heart i have left all my books at home, with my parents (in poland). i live in puerto plata and i am very interested in borrowing any english books, i am very serious about literature and can be trusted to return books promptly. do you think you can help?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
i am interested in BORROWING anything, i have arrived 2 months ago, lock stock and barrel, on a charter flight with a 25kg luggage limit. with a broken heart i have left all my books at home, with my parents (in poland). i live in puerto plata and i am very interested in borrowing any english books, i am very serious about literature and can be trusted to return books promptly. do you think you can help?

dv8,
PM me your literary interests. I inherited a lot of books when we bought our old house here in Puerto Plata 12 years ago. We've since moved but I still have the books and we're still in PP. I could sort some out and arrange to meet you somewhere if you give me a phone number or tell me how to contact you. Couldn't be before next week because I'm rushed off my feet at present.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Czesc Dorota,
Thanks for PM. I emailed you directions to our house since you live very near us, thinking you could visit and choose your own books; I even attached a map. But the whole thing came back as undeliverable! :ermm: So I've copied the email to a PM which you should get but if you want the map you'll have to give me an email address which works.............really you will, I can't do this hyperkinetically..........

Good game! :laugh:

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Are you actually in Puerto Plata or are you in the general vicinity? Exactly what type of English books are you looking for?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
books are good

first of all, wher the heck is sam's bar? my dominican boyfriend has no clue whatsoever.
second, any book will do providing it is not religious (boring) or hateful. i love classic literature, dostoyevski, tolstoy, zola, balzac, mann, just about anything. my professional interest is philosophy so i gladly read any science book. having said that i have a secret passion for alistair maclean, cussler, any good who dunnits and :ermm: romances, barbra cartland, here i come!
so, really, i love al the books, books are friends, si :D

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
If you are in the city of Puerto Plata, Sam's Bar is on Calle José del Carmen Ariza between Doce de Julio and John F. Kennedy. It is the same street that the Cathedral is on, but several blocks closer to the Malecon.

If your boyfriend knows where Cambio RUSA or Farmacia Carmen are on Doce de Julio, it is right around the corner from them.

Perhaps he will know it as Hotel Castilla.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sam's

forgot to say i am in puerto plata.
my boyfriend probably does not know sam's bar because it is a gringo place, :)
will be sure to drop by this weekend, i deserve a big glass of ron brugal after all the problems with water! i feel i could even wash in ron, seems there is an abundace of the first one and shortage of the other!
thanx for help!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
:eek: it was a pleasure for luis and me... thank you for all the help and generosity, hope to see you both soon!