nursing jobs in Dominican Republic

virpi

Sep 13, 2006
I am Rn in operating theatre and I am going to move Dominican Republic end of this year. I would like to know where the best hospitals are located and what is it like to work as a nurse over there?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
This has been discussed a number of times recently. Do a search of the DR1 archives for nurses or nursing.

But in brief, nursing is a low paid, low prestige position in the DR If you get a job, you will earn a small fraction of what you are able to earn in your own country.

But click on the "search" link near the top of this page and search for nurses or nursing.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Nurses in the DR

if you are looking for a job that pays decent money in the Dr nursing is not it! now if you would like to make a difference in this country try contacing "Doctors without Borders" they are always looking for nurses! Best Wishes in you endevor

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I absolutely agree with the above posts. Search out "nursing" in the search function and you will see long discussions of that field.

Please do not make any move based on your qualifications as a nurse. And, as in the back of everyone that will read this thread, never make a move for a man.

HB

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
I agree with hillbilly, think twice !
It looks bad because it seems that first you have decided to move here and then look for job. Have you enough money?
By the way, the name sounds like northern Europe, is it?