volunteer working

sallad

Sep 15, 2006
Hi people I am coming to the Dom next June as a volunteer working as a football coach and english teaching. i will be staying in santo domingo and would like any all advise about life, living in your country, also would like to buy own transport when i arrive preferably scooter motorbike

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Best to get full medical insurance and possibly pre arrange funeral plans if you plan to drive a scooter in Santo Domingo. Driving in SD is rather dangerous for motor scooters.

sallad

Sep 15, 2006
thats cool, just wanted transport for getting out and about ,will be working in San cristobel just thought it would be cool to have my own wheels, is driving a car any better

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
football!

if you come from the uk - god help you! not only the traffic is bad but it is also on the wrong - from your point of view - side of the road! ;)
funeral arrangements are a must, roads are bad, traffic rules are nonexistent and drivers are loco. seriously - you HAVE to have insurance, and get a good one, i'm not sure if standard insurance will cover sport injuries. go to STA travel, they have best prices.
i did not know that there is any football in dominican (yes, i'm european, it's FOOTball for me...), very interesting.
good luck with everything!

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
jejejeje better sugest to practice very very mucho to deal with our trafic, and pls motorcicle no no no no, a car a much better and more if you are planning to move out of the city.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Interesting> Just where in San Cristóbal?? The Jesuit Polytechnic? the Reformatory? Both used to have excellent teams...

HB??