problems logging in

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
I've been trying to log into DR1, with my user anme and password, and it tells me thank you for logging in, but then it bring me right back to the beginning asking for my password and user name.

I can't get latest posts, or check my PM, is anyone else having problems?

I've been trying for the last few hours, getting the same problem, and from differnent computers.

QUE PASA?
Lisa

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
O.k I've just posted this question, and now I'm in, it is hsowing me all my PM's and new posts etc....WEIRD!?!?!

Lisa

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You've been banned Lisa :laugh:

Robert posted this morning that there will be upgrading going on this weekend and I've already had a problem today.

It'll be fine by Monday I'm sure

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We are making lots of changes over the weekend, 99% you will not see, more admin stuff. Notice how all the URL's have changed :)

Malory

Jul 27, 2006
Same

I've been trying to log into DR1, with my user anme and password, and it tells me thank you for logging in, but then it bring me right back to the beginning asking for my password and user name.

I can't get latest posts, or check my PM, is anyone else having problems?

I've been trying for the last few hours, getting the same problem, and from differnent computers.

QUE PASA?
Lisa

Experiencing same exact problem

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I've been having the same problem for about a month, but when I log in the second time it always works.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I am having a related problem. Logging in is OK, but the link to "First Unread Post" does not work. Instead, it takes me to the original post in the thread. Evidently, the program is not logging visits correctly.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Delete your cookies and login in again.

If anyone has recently updated XP recently, they might also have cookie issues.

As I said, delete your DR1 cookies and login again.

May 31, 2005
just click on new posts when this happens and it should already have you logged in. It already happened to me three times.

Malory

Jul 27, 2006
Still having that problem. I log in and page says hello but goes right back to telling me I am a guest

Cleared cookies, temp pages and even tried Firefox, same problem

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I've Cleared my cookies too, still the same problem. But I've decided the problem ain't worth getting my undies in a bunch over.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Still having that problem. I log in and page says hello but goes right back to telling me I am a guest

Cleared cookies, temp pages and even tried Firefox, same problem

How did you manage to post as your username if it keeps taking you back as a guest?

Just curious....

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
How did you manage to post as your username if it keeps taking you back as a guest?

Just curious....

I've been having the same problem as well. However, I managed to post this by signing in, clicking on quote from your reponse to Malory. Afterwards the "you are not logged in" window appear. I sign in again, but this time the reply to thread window appeared. I typed the info you are reading right now, I click submit reply and it most likely will post on the thread and simultaneously automatically log out, again. If I want to post something else, the same process will occur.

I'll wait until tomorrow to see if the problem is fixed once all the upgrades are made.

I'm assuming Malory manage to post in the same manner.

-NALs

Malory

Jul 27, 2006
This problem seems to be intermittent. Earlier I was not able to sign in, browse only as guest.

Now it is working fine. I was able to post previously when I clicked on a post and replied to it, the board said "Welcome Malory" yet when i was not creating a post I was prompted to "sign on" saying I was a guest

I am using IE 6.02 9

Firefox is 1.5.04

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006
Unable to Log in Problem

I've been having the same problem as well. However, I managed to post this by signing in, clicking on quote from your reponse to Malory. Afterwards the "you are not logged in" window appear. I sign in again, but this time the reply to thread window appeared. I typed the info you are reading right now, I click submit reply and it most likely will post on the thread and simultaneously automatically log out, again. If I want to post something else, the same process will occur.

I'll wait until tomorrow to see if the problem is fixed once all the upgrades are made.

I'm assuming Malory manage to post in the same manner.

-NALs

"Finally" I have managed to log in using the same procedure as NALS but after many attempts.
Been unable to log in since Friday night. Sent several e mails to Robert and done everything he suggested. I have no Firefox and no recent XP update and all cookies are cleared. Hope the problem is fixed soon. Is it effecting a lot of members or just a few ? as they cannot post I suppose its difficult to know.
Regards
Keith

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Most people are fine, but some are having problems.

I changed he way cookies are working, so try again now and let me know
if it's still a problem.

Thanks, Rob.

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006
Problem Logging in

Most people are fine, but some are having problems.

I changed he way cookies are working, so try again now and let me know
if it's still a problem.

Thanks, Rob.

Just logged out and in again. appears to be working fine now.
Many Thanks
Keith