Foreign Exchange

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
www.kassiecollett.piczo.com
Hey,

I am 16 and in grade 11, For my grade 12 year i am applying for an international exchange to live and attend school in another country. (im from canada) So one of my choices i thik is going to be The Dominican Republic. I was there only once and stayed at an AI and i understand that living there and going to school is going to be a totally new ball game. I dont expect to live in the same fantasy world as i got to experience on the resort.

I was wondering if someone could advise me on weather they think this would be a good idea considering safety, level of education, how i would be recieved by my peers, and other issues i may have not thought about.

Also would guys still be all over me like they were on the resort since im canadian or would it be different if i was going to school and living like them?

Any help would be muich appreciated!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hey Shootingstar, give the posters a break ... it is Saturday lol.

Yes, the guys will be all over you. To prepare for this, read the Sankie forum.

Which school will you attend and where will you stay?

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
Ok well i already know about sankies hahahive been there done that im fully aware but i was maybe hoping that since id be living and going to school with them id have a bit of a break.... i dont know what school ill be going to or where ill live thats up to them when they assign me to host families.... i know very little spanish a bit of conversational stuff so im going to have to get some lessons but they also say that english is quite popular and i can attend classses in english as well.....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
It is difficult to talk about safety and other issues without knowing where you will be. You can attend school in English too? I would check out that fact.

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
ok yeah i understand but i wont know where im going until im accepted to that country like im still looking into if thats the country i want to go to for sure and yes i was told they have english speaking schools and if i do go to a spanish school i wouldnt be too hard pressed im fluent in french and of course english so my rep said i should pick up spanish fairly quick and ill be taking lessons before i go and what not!