F.T.A. Sat. TV. Up and Viewing Again!

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
This morning my Satellite TV. Man came by the house and took my Coolsat box to his home and returned 1 HR. latter to reprogram the box to my Dish and get me back up and viewing again.
He apologized for taking so long in coming by to see me but he wanted to do a long term fix rather then a short term once the code was broken, He told me that this new fix could last a year or more.
He charged me RD$ 700.00 Pesos.
Anyone in the Puerto Plata area that needs his service? PM or Email me and I will give you his name and phone number.

Larry (A.K.A.Gringo)

me too

I took my 3 boxes to my guy today and showed him an internet site with the new bin and now I am up and running with 3 different satelites, no charge for his upgrade, he will now have many happy customers. Now all I have to do is install the new keys if there is an ECM, I do have access to a key program that automatically brings the new active keys to your desktop if anyone would like it. Just email or pm me.

I could do it myself but I have no com ports available on my Vaio to upload the new program. State of the art computer without a com port ???

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Hi Gringo, did he came again or you are still down again ....?
He must have told you BS because there was not fix before he showed up at your house and by now you probably know that is was not a long term fix.

The only receivers which have the best support right now is the ViewSat and the worst I guess Pansat right now.

How many channles are you getting when your receiver is working? Do you have double LNB which provides you with 500+ channels or just a single LNB.

Greetings form the South ..

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Gringo and Hlywud

Sorry I missed this thread when it was first posted, but ALL Coolsats were up and running as of September 12th. I was using bin 127 with autoroll on and have not had to input any new keys.

If your Coolsat is down now Gringo, I guess you forgot to remember the golden rule in the DR.

DON'T TRUST ANYONE, especailly a FRIEND!!!!

Hlywud, you can buy a serial port card here in the Dominican Republic and have your serial port. I forget the price, but it was very reasonable, I believe much less then in the states. I got mine from CECOMSA in Santiago.

The specs are as follows:

PCI multi I/O Controller Card. It's a Serial with 16C550 UART HI-SPEED, comes with a mini-CD. The UPC saids: TAR73

It's a litte confusing on the box as to the company name but I believe it is: NetMos, at least that is the web site they tell you to go to for updated drivers. What was also confusing to me was the thing being called "PCI multi I/O Controller Card", I was looking for a simple "Serial Port" card. Took a while before the salesman convinced me that the two were the same. My being verbally challenge in Spanish did not help either.

Works Great!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Better late then never, just noticed Hlywud you said "Vaio", I believe that is a laptop only. Anyway the previous post may be of interest to those with Desktops here in the DR.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
I heard somebody loosing signal with double LNB .... ?!? Just point to sat 110 for best quality and then attache the second LNB for best quality which sometimes is only 40 - 50 % , but with a broomstick in the back of the dish it will go up to over 60% and this will give you enough quality on 119.

Greetings from the South

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
Do it your self FTA for free

This morning my Satellite TV. Man came by the house and took my Coolsat box to his home and returned 1 HR. latter to reprogram the box to my Dish and get me back up and viewing again.
He apologized for taking so long in coming by to see me but he wanted to do a long term fix rather then a short term once the code was broken, He told me that this new fix could last a year or more.
He charged me RD$ 700.00 Pesos.
Anyone in the Puerto Plata area that needs his service? PM or Email me and I will give you his name and phone number.

Larry (A.K.A.Gringo)

Hello Larry,

No need to pay anyone to get your coolsat up & running.

You need to install a card reader and an unlocked ROM 102 card.
Go to COOLSAT FILES - DSS EVOLUTION
and select bin 129 for your coolsat model ( 4000, 5000 or 6000)
Download & install the bin. Aux the card and voila...you are watching TV.
Read the newbies section for step by step instructions.

Georgios.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Pansat and Coolsat

New Pansat releases are out today, along with Coolsat 6000.

As of this time, have not seen release for Coolsat 4000.

PS: Gringo, you may have to wait a little longer if you have the CoolSat 4000 to pay your man to give you another one year fix. Or do it yourself for free.

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Coolsat 4000 Pro Fix

Gringo,

If it's the Coolsat 4000 Pro you have, the fix came out today for it.
If you have the 5000 or 6000, the fixes were out a few days ago.

Don