Dominican World Champion Boxer

Joan Guzman of the Dominican Republic has just won the WBO junior lightweight 130 pound title with a win over Argentinian Sr. Barrios by split decision. A poor decision in my opinion Guzman dominated the entire fight and it should have been unanimous.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Congratulations!

Wow, that is great! He must be so proud, good for him! I hope he retains it for a long time!
Steve

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I agree, Wud, it was Guzman dominating every round, it should have been unanimous. Many of these fights are way too political. How about that Barrera as well? I knew he'd dominate that fight against Juarez. There's something to be said about experience vs age.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Thanks A Lot!!!

Joan Guzman of the Dominican Republic has just won the WBO junior lightweight 130 pound title with a win over Argentinian Sr. Barrios by split decision. A poor decision in my opinion Guzman dominated the entire fight and it should have been unanimous.
I want to take this opportunity to THANK all of you, especially YOU, Mr. Hlywud, for spoiling it for me!!.

I went out that night but I TIVO'ed those fights but since I can not stay away from this fricking site, I saw your thread and BOOM, there goes the result!.

Seriously, I recorded them but I haven't even watched them yet.

Joan is a pretty good fighter. I believe he is or was promoted my a childhood friend of mine from Villa Duarte.

I hope that he keep his head intact and not do as so many ex Dominicans champions have done. Now he will know the true meaning of "I want to hang with you, now that you are a champ and famous". I hope he only surrounds himself with positive people, people who wants the best for him and not the best for them.

He has the tools to be a lasting champ, now let's see if he is capable of staying on top.

A Francisco Quiroz he is NOT, that's for sure!.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I Hate to be the KillJoy of this little Guzman party, but the WBO belt is one of the lowest belts you can win in the different Weight divisions. When he steps up and fights either Pacquiao, Morales or Barrera, then we'll see how good he is, but he is undefeated, so far so good.

Ricardo
"Boxing Enthusiast"

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

I Hate to be the KillJoy of this little Guzman party, but the WBO belt is one of the lowest belts you can win in the different Weight divisions. When he steps up and fights either Pacquiao, Morales or Barrera, then we'll see how good he is, but he is undefeated, so far so good.

Ricardo
"Boxing Enthusiast"
You are 1,000% right!. I misread the OP's thread. I thought he wrote "WBC". My fault.

Not to take anything away from Joan, he has the talent to take him places, let's just hope he knows it.

Miguel,
axxhole and boxing fanatic, and I mean FANATIC!.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
You are 1,000% right!. I misread the OP's thread. I thought he wrote "WBC". My fault.

Not to take anything away from Joan, he has the talent to take him places, let's just hope he knows it.

Miguel,
axxhole and boxing fanatic, and I mean FANATIC!.

Hahahaha, don't worry my friend, during my research of the WBO, did you know that the World Boxing Organization was created by a group of Dominican business men and that a Dominican held the post as the first president of the organization.

Last edited: