Terry Fox Run

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What A Devious Way To Get A "Non-DR" Personal Agenda On DR1!!

Not even a Little Bad Taste in your mouth???

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002

haven't got the foggiest idea what you're talking about, chump??? that's really a moronic statement! i was watching a show on terry fox last night and saw that more than a million people in cuba run every year - today i guess - to raise money to fight cancer. he has raised closed to half a billion dollars thus far - 26 years after he died. what have you done lately?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Steve

Not to go off subject,but are you in Costa Azul? I bought land there bout 20 years ago! Feel free to PM me.

Ro

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
so there doesn't seem to be run, i take it. we should organize some for next year.

G

gary short

I cannot believe that I've just read by far the stupidist post ever......are you for frickin real???????

G

gary short

I think the point was, is that people all over the world run this day inorder to raise funds for cancer research. Terry Fox ran almost across Canada on one leg cause he lost the other to cancer......look at a map and then you'll understand how far it is to travel that distance let alone run it on one leg.
Oh ya he didn't make it all they way cause......he died of cancer.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I have not seen anything like this in the DR. Give CCCCccc a break, he is not Canadian. I guess very few non-Canadians know about this.

Can we go back to peaceful co-existence now? And will you fellows kindly educate the Americans and us others on this issue?

Last edited:
G

gary short

There are Terry Fox runs all over the world.....so give me a break!!!!!!!!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I suppose the closest in DR is the man who walked with the cross to raise awareness of problems in his locality. There is action in DR for issues which are purely DR related but I guess you don't see too much activity of the Terry Fox Runs type, geared to beneficiaries everywhere, because the problems at home are more immediate.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Gary, this is the first time I came across this. I guess this is true for many others on the site.

Edited to add .. in the US, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas (not States that I spend a lot of time in)

Internationally, in many places International Run Sites
Quite a new phenomenon in my country of origin.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I see Cuba had one. Good for Cuba!

Gary you should get one going in the DR. I'm sure they have cancer there as well.;)

G

gary short

Great idea AnnaC...............lets all of us consider organizing a walk or run for the Terry Fox Cancer Fund in Sosua and or Santiago.......when.......lets gear up for the first annual......Sept 17th....

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I have not seen anything like this in the DR. Give CCCCccc a break, he is not Canadian. I guess very few non-Canadians know about this.

Can we go back to peaceful co-existence now? And will you fellows kindly educate the Americans and us others on this issue?

I got you Chris but all he had to do was click the link like I did.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I got you Chris but all he had to do was click the link like I did.

I also clicked the link, went to the international page and did not find the Dominican Republic. Because of this, I also considered the original question strange as it was clear that the DR was not on the list.

Perhaps the original poster can tell us what they intended with this post?

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I posed the same question as jasper a couple of years ago on DR1 because there had been a run organized in the late 80's or early 90's. It was held in April (not all runs are in Sept.) and was in the capital.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I also clicked the link, went to the international page and did not find the Dominican Republic. Because of this, I also considered the original question strange as it was clear that the DR was not on the list.

Perhaps the original poster can tell us what they intended with this post?

No brainer, post #7