Weather in Cabarete during Dec & Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICKYMCK

Sep 17, 2006
Hi,
I am thinking of travelling to the Dominican Republic for the first time over the Christmas and New Year period approx 14 Dec - 04 Jan.
I am looking at Cabarete can anyone please give me an idea of what i can expect weather wise. I have seen that the North coast gets more rain during this period but is this say raining at night or 1/2 hour a day or could be rain all day for days at a time??
Any help or advice will be much appreciated.
Ricky

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I wish I knew. My recollection is that we had quite a bit of rain during the Dec-Jan period the past couple of days and that there were a few weeks during that period that were not good beach weather.

But that does not mean it will be the same this year. When I came here 20 years ago the weather was more predictable than it is now.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
When I was there last year, there was a few days that rain ruined a whole day (not a beach day, you better have some other interesting activities lined up for those days !) - constant rain. But then there was a few days that only rained for an hour or so and then sunshine.

So there was a mix, but by far the lovely weather and sunshine on most days.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Two or three years ago we had a spell of 3 weeks of rain during January and February. It is iffy, we could get a lot of rain, or it could be great weather. Like Ken says, the patterns are changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.