Car mechanic/garage in Sosua

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Just stay far away from the one behind the MaxWash. They f**ked me over for a few thousend dollars.
In Sosua go to the Carwash on the left side of the road when driving the direction of Cabarete. Woudnt let them do big work but just brakes and stuff is good. Stay while they work on it however or you might leave the garage with less parts you came with.

However, my best experience is so far with a guy from Belgium in Cabarete. Its worth the extra drive. His garage looks like a operation room and that says a lot about his work. ;)
You can reach him on 8098020950. His name is William.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Takke the extra 25 minutes and go to La Clinica De Frenos in Puerto Plata.
Well worth it.
They are located 200 feet North of Silverio Messon supermarket, on the same side of the street.
Owner's name is Rene, and they do excellent work at great prices.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
If it's just brakes, there is a clinica de frenos in Sosua abajo and a place accross the road for your other stuff. (Recommended by taxi drivers) did OK for me. If you want to drive to POP, the one there is excellent.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If it's just brakes, there is a clinica de frenos in Sosua abajo and a place accross the road for your other stuff. (Recommended by taxi drivers) did OK for me. If you want to drive to POP, the one there is excellent.
Clinica De Frenos is a corporate name, belonging to two brothers, one in POP and the other in Santiago.
Are you saying that they have opened a branch in Sosua Abajo, or simply there is some dude doing brakes there?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As per this thread.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/54115-customer-service-dr-your-experience-2.html
Clinica De Frenos Puerto Plata
<HR style="COLOR: #173f96" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Not only do they do a more comprehensive job when doing your brakes, like washing everything with gas and lubing the bearings, they charge you half what you would pay in North America, get the job done just as fast, offer a selection of 3 or 4 different brake qualities which they almost always have right there in stock, but the owner himself, Rene, tests every vehicle before handing it over and billing the customer.
They still have my files going back to 1992, with every detail.
All the employees are polite and efficient.
They might not appear as friendly & fancy as the Starbuck story, but they really are, in a genuine way.
They want you to leave happy and come back, unlike most businesses that just want the money they can get today and couldn't care less about tomorrow.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Clinica De Frenos is a corporate name, belonging to two brothers, one in POP and the other in Santiago.
Are you saying that they have opened a branch in Sosua Abajo, or simply there is some dude doing brakes there?

Some dude.

bacha

Jan 31, 2004
freizeit.bonzgd.biz
Thanks all for the replies. Rocky the Clinic for brakes in POP was one of the best experiences I have had in 3 years in the DR. Great service and excellent work.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks all for the replies. Rocky the Clinic for brakes in POP was one of the best experiences I have had in 3 years in the DR. Great service and excellent work.
Glad to hear it.
I've never been anything but satisfied with them, and always pleasantly surprised at the price.
Regards, Marco.

Bear

Aug 15, 2006
You may want to give the following a try.
Fellow by the name of Stefan Braun who lives and works in the Los Cerros
section of Sosua. This is up the hill oposite from the Parada de Autobus
Caribe Tours in Cheramicos (sp?). He is a auto mechanic trained in Germany.
Cel Phone 809-853-2123.
Bear.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You may want to give the following a try.
Fellow by the name of Stefan Braun who lives and works in the Los Cerros
section of Sosua. This is up the hill oposite from the Parada de Autobus
Caribe Tours in Cheramicos (sp?). He is a auto mechanic trained in Germany.
Cel Phone 809-853-2123.
Bear.
I think bacha solved his problem but you're right about Braun I've heard nothing but good things about him. There are very few decent mecanics in Sosua.