apartment in POP

caro

Sep 24, 2003
Hi everybody ,

i will be in POP next sunday (september 24) for a long stay ( 6 month to up to a life)... I renting something for the 2 first week but I will need to find a apartment after. I know the better way is to be there and ask around but I take my chance of asking here too.

it s not my first time in POP and I have stayed there for 3 month in the past + many trip there too.

I will look for :

minimum 2 bedroom
a/c can be really good but not necessery
I prefer 24 hour electricity but I will look at both option
nice neighbourhood can be with the local not necessery expat community
security is important
I prefer apartment furnishings but can look without and buy my stuff ( will depent of the cost of rent)
10 000 pesos or less by month

so if someone know something available I will really appreciate it . just write here or PM me

thank alot

caro

Sep 24, 2003
anybody have something to rent or know some available apartment ?

advice to where to look first ?

thank

caro

Sep 24, 2003
no I don t talk to myself but I don t want to start a other thread on the same thing ......

I need to know how people living in POP find the neighbourhood near the hospital ? I may have a house to look at but I don t really know this part of the city.

thank

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
no I don t talk to myself but I don t want to start a other thread on the same thing ......

I need to know how people living in POP find the neighbourhood near the hospital ? I may have a house to look at but I don t really know this part of the city.

thank

By "hospital" are you referring to the public hospital or to one of the three private clinics (medical centers)? I doubt you want to near the public hospital.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
if i understand well the person that will be near the public hospital

can you give me your comment on this place and surrounding ?

why you don t recommend this neighbourhood?

I know where is it but not much

Last edited:

caro

Sep 24, 2003
can t edit anymore so here more information .

I don t know how near of the hospital is it . the person only told me that was near the hospital for I can know where in POP

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hi everybody ,

i will be in POP next sunday (september 24) for a long stay ( 6 month to up to a life)... I renting something for the 2 first week but I will need to find a apartment after. I know the better way is to be there and ask around but I take my chance of asking here too.

it s not my first time in POP and I have stayed there for 3 month in the past + many trip there too.

Caro, you will find something very easily when you are in POP. The type of long-term apartment that you are looking for, is not necessarily advertised in the community here. But once you arrive, I think during the two weeks that you set aside for yourself, you will find something. Also, pop into Sams Bar ... lots of expats there and a very good place to start.

Good Luck!

caro

Sep 24, 2003
thank Chris

like I said in my first post I taked a chance to ask here but in my mind I know it I will not receive many answer because the advice giving here are always be the same come few day at the hotel and ask around. I read this board almost each day since many year but I don t write too much .

caro

Sep 24, 2003
Right close to the public hospital you may not want, as Howmar says. But if it is just a little way down from hospital in Los Reyes, for example, that would be ok.

Thank Lambada

4 day to go and I will be there ....