Needed: Modest Banquet Hall

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My fiance's best friend is getting married in mid-December, and needs a modest facility in Santiago for around 50 people for the ceremony and reception.

Any suggestions on such a facility, or restaurant with a large meeting room, and possibly a good, reliable caterer would be appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Humm. 50 friends and neighbors.
There is a fairly nice place on Benito Juarez (the street that goes into Villa Olga)
on the left side about a block or two in.
The Aloha Sol has a small dining area that could work and so does the Gran Almirante.
There are a lot more....

And there are people that handle all the detail for you if you want.

HB

nebraskamom

May 4, 2005
catholic wedding?

if so there is a beautiful catholic mission with space for a reception just between santiago and licey.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
They toured the garden area at Hotel Platino and loved it. Platino has big tents they put up for such occasions. We'll see the cost of renting it.

I have to admit it IS a nice location. They will just need the weather to cooperate...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
nebraskamom was referring to the facilities at ILAC. they are spacious enough. Probably cheapest.
Depends on how much the folks are willing to pay, I suppose. in "most" Decembers, the weather is not that cooperative.

You might send "mom" a PM...

HB

I noticed but did not think about your OP. You said that they want the place for the "ceremony and the reception"" ..so that means it is going to be a civil wedding as opposed to a religious wedding? That might rule out ILAC...butyou can check it out...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
nebraskamom was referring to the facilities at ILAC. they are spacious enough. Probably cheapest.
Depends on how much the folks are willing to pay, I suppose. in "most" Decembers, the weather is not that cooperative.

You might send "mom" a PM...

HB

I noticed but did not think about your OP. You said that they want the place for the "ceremony and the reception"" ..so that means it is going to be a civil wedding as opposed to a religious wedding? That might rule out ILAC...butyou can check it out...
It will be civil, the groom is an American non-Catholic widower. Churches are ruled out.