Fabio Guzman...waiting 7 MONTHS now for my cedula through your office :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Mr. Guzman,

I applied for my provisional redicency through your office 7 months ago. On that date, when I went for my medical, paid the initial 500 dollars, and produced all the necessary documents, Mr. Ramia, who works for your office explained to me that my cedula would be ready in "less than 3 MONTHS". Well, 3 months came and went and no cedula. Around that time, I was calling and leaving phone messages to Mr. Ramia to ask when my cedula would be ready and he replied to exactly NONE of those phone messages. Eventually, he responded to an e-mail 2 WEEKS after I sent it. In his reply, he explained that the elections had caused a delay in all the cedula applications. Fair enough, although I was very unhappy that it was so difficult to get an explaination.

Some more time went by and I again began e-mailing Mr. Ramia asking for an update. I do not know how many e-mails I sent but eventually, I got a response around the 5 MONTH period. In this response, Mr. Ramia explained that during their investigation, immigration had discovered a stamp on my passport for a date in the future. As a result immigration believed I was a part of so mafia working at the airport (huh?). So, I checked the passport and sure enough, there was the stamp. So I thought about it and realized that I had entered the country on that date LAST year. I checked my passport again and I did not have a stamp in it for that date last year. Obviously, when I entered the country on that date last year, immigration had stamped it 2006 instead of 2005. I e-mailed Mr. Ramia with the explaination. I got no response.

Between that time and now, I have e-mailed 4 or 5 times and have gotten 2 responses. The first was in Spanish (no problem) explaining that because of your offices "high connections" this was being fixed and I should have to wait a "week or two". A few weeks later I e-mailed again and got the response "Mr. XXXXXXX, perhaps you didn't understand what I said before" then something about your "high connections" again, etc. The second to last e-mail I sent was on September 1st, 3 weeks ago, and got no reply. I sent another this afternoon but am tired of playing the guessing game/ waiting game as to whteher I am important enough to reply to.

Mr. Guzman, I understand that there was this problem with the stamp on my passport so I can make a certain allowance for the complication that may have created BUT, I cannot make any allowance for how incredibly difficult it is to get a response from your office by phone (impossible) or by e-mail (difficult).

Your office claims to have "high connections". If you did, you could have fixed this in a week. Please call whatever connections you have and get me my cedula or kindly refund this very dissatisfied customer his 500 dollars.

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Larry, Sr Ramia speaks no English as far as I am aware ... Some people are good email communicators and some not. Have you tried calling Sr Ramia? He usually is available on the phone from around 9.30 onwards? And why don't you simply stop by his office?

I may be seriously wrong here, but this may be a communication issue. Edited to add, now I see you did call.

Anyway, I still think there is a problem here. A good person to call, is Milagros, at the Sosua office.

Edit to add once again ... I am astounded, as all our dealing with these office has been of the highest calibre. So, I'm just stuttering along ... forgive me

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Larry, Sr Ramia speaks no English as far as I am aware ... Some people are good email communicators and some not. Have you tried calling Sr Ramia? He usually is available on the phone from around 9.30 onwards? And why don't you simply stop by his office?

I may be seriously wrong here, but this may be a communication issue.

Chris, I have tried calling NUMEROUS times. I stated that in my post. I am also aware he dosent speak English. The e-mails he did respond to were through an interpreter I believe.

Why dont I stop by the office you say...? Am I supposed to make special trips to the office because he wont return my calls and only occasionally returns my e-mails? What if I lived outside the country like so many others who are gouing through the process? Then I wouldnt be able to stop by the office.

I have been extremely patient. Now, I would like my cedula.

Larry

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Larry

I can understand your frustration. I took a trip to the DR on the beginning of May to apply for the cedula. I was missinformed and was not made aware that during the lead up to and a few weeks after the elections no one can apply or get their cedula. It seems that during the elections anything dealing with cedulas is put on hold. That period could be almost 2 months long. As far as your lawyer not returning your calls that is a different story.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'll leave this up and I'm sure someone from Fabio's office will contact you.

Closed, otherwise it will just go all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.