need info

bigbunny

Sep 14, 2006
I am thinking of coming to the domincan for 2 or 3 months this winter and am wondering how i go about finding a place to stay and what it might cost. also if there is anything special with a visa for staying that long.
thankyou

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Hello bigbunny, first you need to tell us where are you coming from, there are 79 countries that doesn´t need visa to visit us and when you arrive at the airport only need to buy a turist card, you can be here for 3 month if you overpass it you will pay extra taxs when you leave.

What part of the island are you planning to stay, we live in diferents parts of the islan so the Dr1´s near by the area you wish to stay will help you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Big bunny:
The Grammar Police have asked me to tell you that the use of "Dominican" with no noun is unacceptable. "Dominican" is an adjective and therefore must modify something...Dominican people, Dominican Republic. Get the idea?

Okay, that is settled.

Now, regarding a two or three month stay this winter. What a wonderful idea.
You do not really have to worry about over-staying your Tourist Card. The fines are very little. You can find a list of them elsewhere on this board.

Regarding where you want to go----well, this is a place with everything from dry deserts, to high mountains to lush tropical rain forests with beaches, rivers and nice cities thrown in the mix.

Perhaps you could start on the North Shore at a place like Cabarete or Sosúa and get a feel for what's up.....
And then venture on to different places.

Have fun.

HB

Palma

Nov 20, 2005
Famous white sand endless Bavaro beach located in Punta Cana,
another very beatiful place is Samana.
Injoy!

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Hello bigbunny, first you need to tell us where are you coming from, there are 79 countries that doesn?t need visa to visit us and when you arrive at the airport only need to buy a turist card, you can be here for 3 month if you overpass it you will pay extra taxs when you leave.

What part of the island are you planning to stay, we live in diferents parts of the islan so the Dr1?s near by the area you wish to stay will help you.

For how long is the tourist card valide? You are talking about 3 months. On other threads, some say 15 days (I know it was 15 days in 2005).

On the Canadian Consular Affairs Bureau site, they say 30 days. I sent them an email and just received an answer today. They investigated with the D.R. ambassy and the D.R. Tourism Office and it's 30 days.

Who's right, who's wrong?? In the past few years it went from 60 days to 90 days to 30 days to 15 days and now back to 30 days ????