"guests"

greenegirl

Sep 18, 2006
When people post about "guest-friendly hotels" do they mean hotels that will turn a blind eye to registered guests bringing back working girls to their rooms?

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Pretty much...

though some places charge a small fee, say $10, for the "guest". Some people do not consider this to be "guest-friendly". One hotel rather charmingly mentions that the room price includes "an eventual second person".

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i wouldn't really say "working" girls. there are plenty of women who have male guests also. there are plenty of girl-girl, guy-guy guests also. some hotels do not allow any guests. i have plenty of dominican friends in sosua and at the all-inclusive hotels they are only allowed in the lobby, thats it.

your description is rather harsh sounding. a blind eye ? are people not suppose to have guests ? i wouldn't want to stay at a hotel that feels like a prison....

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
i wouldn't really say "working" girls. there are plenty of women who have male guests also. there are plenty of girl-girl, guy-guy guests also. some hotels do not allow any guests. i have plenty of dominican friends in sosua and at the all-inclusive hotels they are only allowed in the lobby, thats it.

your description is rather harsh sounding. a blind eye ? are people not suppose to have guests ? i wouldn't want to stay at a hotel that feels like a prison....
Many hotels don't want the eventual problems or reputation that comes from bringing in working girls overnight (prolly 90+% of the sudden "guests"). There ARE hotels (as you know) that don't care.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
If you run a hotel and intend on being successful you have to allow "guests". What if my friends arent staying in the same hotel but want to stop by and have a few drinks? As long as I'm not infringing on the other guests I feel as a paying customer I should be able to have "guests".

As far as being concerned about a reputation for allowing "working girls" into the hotel , this isnt beverly hills and I wouldnt call most of these hotels with stringent rules 5 stars either. They can enforce whatever rules they want. People who want guests just wont stay there.

If I want to stack "working girls" like cords of wood in my room and im not bothering anyone else it shouldnt be a problem.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i understand problem women and reputation but i think blackouts, no hot water, watered down booze, etc. should be more of the hotels concerns.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Beads there are lots of problems created by "guests". IF it is a non All Inclusive hotel then the "guest" comes spends the night, might have breakfast with the "host" and leaves. the host pays for breakfast of course.

If it is an All Inclusive then the "host" must pay the all inclusive fee for the "guest" to stay - that is if the hotel allows it. The issue sometimes comes in the next morning or even later that same day or night when the "guest" goes out onto the property looking for her next "host".

There can also be problems with some "guests" not understanding a more family environment All Inclusive hotel and not acting accordingly.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
beads, i think the real problem lies with drunken men who pick up these 500 peso "skanks" and bring them back to the hotel and they stay all night. who wants to be eating breakfast and seeing this kind of activity goin on.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I had a friend who brought his "paid for guest" into the Gran Almirante late one evening. Hotel security knew exactly what she was and absolutely refused to let her into his room, to the point of making a small scene (Beads and Kyle have prolly read the episode elsewhere). He didn't get his way, and just never returned to the GA.

I recall working out in the gym at the GA while several NY guys were frolicking in the pool with 4 chicas. Two burly security guys came and not only tossed the girls out, didn't take any lip from the studly New Yorkers who claimed the girls werte their "cousins". They were asked to leave, too, even after 15 minutes of screaming and yelling by the gringos about their "rights".

I know it irritates the chica-chasers, but many of the better hotels just don't want that element in their establishment, as it can create significant problems. The better hotels don't need the $$$ from monger guests because their numbers, in the big picture, are minuscule. There are plenty of hotels and cabana's to use for entertaining "professional guests".

For every tourist who travel to the DR looking for the pros, there are prolly 20 who find that scene appalling*. But opinions vary, and we all have our perspectives based on personal experiences.

*There numbers may be reversed in Sosua and Boca Chica, I admit.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I agree with all the above points when it comes to "unruly" or "troublesome" guests in a family type environment. When one persons good time is interfering with everyone elses this is not a good thing (not just with guests with anything). If this occurs I fully agree with asking all unruly and troublesome parties to leave.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
And the same should apply to guests with unruly children. Who wants to pay $3000 or $4000 a day to be in an all-inclusive for a rest, and have to listen to poorly behaved little monsters screaming and running around in wet bathing suits, spilling food everywhere, and whining?

Give me a well-behaved, underfed hooker (or 2 or 3) at the next table any morning at breakfast, before 4 little monsters, whose parents should have been sterilized before it happened. The hookers breakfasts were paid for , and the brats' weren't - "kids under 8 are FREE!".

It should be an economic decision, not an American tourist's social decision. Besides, the kids can then have something to talk about at Show and Tell in school about "What I did this Summer Vacation", hehehe.

Last edited:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
It should be an economic decision, not an American tourist's social decision.
The economic decision by hotel management may very well factor in the "social decision" made by American (or any other nationality flavor) tourist.

Folks vote with their feet, and hotel/resort management knows it. It's a free market, MOL. They know they have to appeal to the largest group of customers to maximize revenue. It's just business.

Besides, aren't there "adult only" resorts, no kids? If you're offended by kids, don't go to where kids are. If you're offended by hookers, don't go to the sex tourism resorts.

If you're going to hire hookers, why make life stressful by taking them where they aren't wanted?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Well, I don't do AIs because I want the liberty to come and go as I please with whomever I please and I do not like being around bloated, arrogant americans and their bratty kids.

Family atmosphere my ass. What about the crap that goes on with sankies and the female guests of an AI? Yeah, those activities are really family-oriented.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
while all these posts are valid. There hotels that will charge you for letting another travel buddy into your hotel.

A couple of years ago we met up with some other folks who were staying in SD. If we wanted to go up to just visit them and hang out...it was 5 bucks a person. While visting my friend..i would have to pay 5 US to go to his room...and if i had to leave the hotel i would have to pay another 5 to get back in.

In the end it sorta worked out as we were able to share rooms both in BC and SD (with no guest fee in bc).

But i do believe the term "guest friendly" generaly refers to being able to bring local people back to your room without a hassle.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
It is a touchy situation sometimes. I have had instances where a significant other was treated disrespectfully because of a hotels "guest policy".

One time my ex wife's SISTER was not allowed in my room to wait for us as my fiance was getting ready for us to all go out together. This was at the juaragua and the dopey manager kept telling me it was for my protection. . . . I was ripping her apart saying I don't need protection from my sister in law. . .

My fiance was registered with me and her sister had her cedula with the same last name etc etc etc. . ..

I finally won the argument and spoke to the hotel manager about it. He aplogized but again explained it was for my protection. He wrote a letter apologizing to my sis in law, and I told him it is stupid to treat guests family like hookers just because YOU have a hooker problem in YOUR hotel.. . . he said they were trying to clean it up. . .. .that was maybe 6 years ago. . . .and the jaragua is still infested with hookers. . . . . I have not stayed there again since.

Most recently when my novia and I were in Sosua, she didn't bring her cedula and we checked into Europa no problem, but each night the woman at the desk would stop us and ask for her cedula. Basically a hotel assuming your girlfriend is a hooker. I understand that in Sosua I was in the minority and most guests were in fact bringing back hookers, but they need to work on being more respectful while protecting their guests.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Playa Dorada is great for that - stayed at Ventana and Flamenco nemouros times. The last visit to Flamenco a mature american had a lovely young lady with him for dinner in a "special" resturant. Sitting on the table next to us it was hard to not listen as both myself and my girlfriend knew what was going on - the comment of "if your a good girl ill buy you a computer" brought many laughs from other tables as I spat out my soup all around!

Fair play to him - he was in his 60's - she was maybe 20?

Hope she got the computer!

Dan & Jenny
WishingWewasthere

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
why is it that people assume dominican girls-foreign men=hookers or dominican men-foreign women= sankie ?

why not 2 people who love each others company ? maybe i'm too naive....