Best way to hire a private boat to see Sosua Bay

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
What is the best way to hire a boat to see the area/shore around Sosua and Cabarete?

G

gary short

Go to the beach in the morning and find a really bored person standing beside a panga and ask........

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
I did that in the past and wanted to see the shore from Sosua bay to Cabarete, not a very long ride, guy looked really bored but I guess not bored enough to ask for $75 USD. Crazy folks.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
These replies are not very helpful, are they? vevy, I don't know the answer but if you go into the dive stores or Rockies perhaps and ask there, you'll be directed to where you can get a boat with a captain. There is a catamaran I believe but I don't know now whether it operates in Sosua Bay or in Puerto Plata.

Could someone in Sosua perhaps get good information for this poster?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
$US100 is even a fair price for a few hours, split that 4 ways and grab some Fria's and a cooler. Remember gasoline is $RD 114/Gal.

Go talk to the dive shop @ the bottom of the hill on the left, just before you enter the beach, he will introduce you to one or two boat owners, and maybe steer you in the right direction.

Your other choice is pay $40/PP for a snorkel trip with North Coast Divers, you can dive for a few minutes and watch the rest of the time!

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
On weekends at Sosua beach there are boats that tow big inflatables, giving their customers a fast ride around the bay. No reason why you couldn't hire one for the day.

Or what about the glass bottomed boat. You could see what is on the shore and also below as you traveled around the bay and along the coast.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Ken:

I thought I saw you and The Misses bouncing on a Banana Boat in Sosua Bay on Sunday!

regards,

Tambo'