Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best way to hire a private boat to see Sosua Bay

What is the best way to hire a boat to see the area/shore around Sosua and Cabarete?

gary short

Go to the beach in the morning and find a really bored person standing beside a panga and ask........

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I did that in the past and wanted to see the shore from Sosua bay to Cabarete, not a very long ride, guy looked really bored but I guess not bored enough to ask for $75 USD. Crazy folks.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ecarignan View Post
    I did that in the past and wanted to see the shore from Sosua bay to Cabarete, not a very long ride, guy looked really bored but I guess not bored enough to ask for $75 USD. Crazy folks.
    With the price of fuel $US 75 is actually quite reasonalble.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

These replies are not very helpful, are they? vevy, I don't know the answer but if you go into the dive stores or Rockies perhaps and ask there, you'll be directed to where you can get a boat with a captain. There is a catamaran I believe but I don't know now whether it operates in Sosua Bay or in Puerto Plata.

Could someone in Sosua perhaps get good information for this poster?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ecarignan View Post
    from Sosua bay to Cabarete, not a very long ride...
    I estimate about 25 to 30 kilometers both ways. What did you expect, 500 Pesos?
    Get some friends together, share the price and have a nice trip.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

$US100 is even a fair price for a few hours, split that 4 ways and grab some Fria's and a cooler. Remember gasoline is $RD 114/Gal.

Go talk to the dive shop @ the bottom of the hill on the left, just before you enter the beach, he will introduce you to one or two boat owners, and maybe steer you in the right direction.

Your other choice is pay $40/PP for a snorkel trip with North Coast Divers, you can dive for a few minutes and watch the rest of the time!
    Last edited by Tamborista; 09-26-2006 at 12:07 PM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

On weekends at Sosua beach there are boats that tow big inflatables, giving their customers a fast ride around the bay. No reason why you couldn't hire one for the day.

Or what about the glass bottomed boat. You could see what is on the shore and also below as you traveled around the bay and along the coast.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken:

I thought I saw you and The Misses bouncing on a Banana Boat in Sosua Bay on Sunday!

regards,

Tambo'