Alvin Curling. What Happened?

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I just read in DR1 that Alvin Curling the Cananian Ambassador to the Dominican Republic is being recalled. Does anyone know why this may have happened other than what is written in DR1?

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
As stated in the link in the DR1 news article, it's purely politics.

Mr. Curling has an impeccable reputation in Ontario. I sincerely doubt there was any other reason for his recall.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
I wonder if the recall is affecting the processing of visas in Haiti and interviews at the Embassy as well...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe the folks in Santo Domingo want Blackwell back here! Andy was very well liked....
I can think of a couple of reasons, none of which make sense in a real world.

HB

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Dirty PC politics ....

I just read in DR1 that Alvin Curling the Cananian Ambassador to the Dominican Republic is being recalled. Does anyone know why this may have happened other than what is written in DR1?
Mr. Curling is a decent person, I knew him when he worked in student affairs at a college in Ontario.

Mr. Curling ia a longtime Liberal and was a Liberal MPP in Ontario. It's the Conservative Party keeping it in the family - preparing for the next provincial election in Ontario and perhaps expecting a federal election soon since they are governing with a minority government.