Jarabacoa Hotels, Restaurants & Nightlife

Neil de CT

Jul 3, 2005
I am looking for a hotel recommendation in Jarabacoa...something that is clean and has comfortable beds. I don't need much in the way of amenities as I will be staying only a single night. I would like the hotel to be within walking distance of restaurants and nightlife.

My understanding is that Rancho Baiguate and Gran Jimenoa are both situated a few kilometers outside the center of town, and thus presumably not where I want to be. The other two places I have heard of are Pinar Dorado and Brisas del Yaque. Both appear to be located not far from town center and near each other. Can anyone tell me about these two hotels: cleanliness, service, price, etc.? Is there a reason to prefer one over the other? Are reservations necessary for early October? Are there other hotels in Jarabacoa besides the ones I have mentioned which you would recommend? If so, please provide details.

I have pretty good knowledge about adventure sports and sites to see, but am lacking information about restaurants and nightlife. Any good info to share?

Thanks.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
One of the best Mexican restaurants I have ever experienced is in downtown Jarabocoa. Excellent!!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Guest-House-Jarabacoa - Dominikanische Republik - Domrep is in a newer neighbourhood, safe, clean,cheap, and close to el parque(town square)
Pinar Dorado is about 1 km up the road to Constanza, walking distance from town center-about $60 us, but they have a pool...etc. Farther up the same road-new pavement, is the Hollyday inn and hotel california, two basic cheap hotels. A taxi from the bus station will cost you 60-80 pesos to these places. They are walking distance but after a night of drinking, a long walk on a busy road.
There are plenty of resturants to choose from Casa Lena is too expensive for what you get, the pizzaria, the one with the thatched roof and childrens play area in the back, is to me the best.
If your spanish is limited or you want information, stop at Tony's Supermarket. It is on the main street(road coming into Jarabacoa from La Vega), just past the cityhall. Tony speaks English and will gladly help you out.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I have stayed at Brisas del Yaque several times, and would recommend it as an excellent low cost option at RD750/night for a clean room with AC and cable TV. I would also second cobraboy's suggestion of the Mexican restaurant on the Parque Central. Good food (both Mexican and Dominican) and if you get a table upstairs, the view of the park is wonderful.

Charlie

Nov 13, 2002
hotels

Just had dinner at Gran Jimenoa fri nite ,very good.If I was to stay anywhere thats the place.I think it is about 30peso to town on motorbike.The place looks great.

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
Nightlife: Theres a really cool bar that used to be a house. Not sure of the name, right on the edge of town