new mail service at cheaper rates

white light

Sep 25, 2006
I just found a new mail service Xmail in Puerta Plata. The telephone number is (809)-261-7013. The lady who owns the company speaks English and her name is Raidiris.

You get a physical mailing address in Florida and the cost is much cheaper for packages then Business mail. They also deliver to your door. You can check out their website at http://www.xmailsa.com/index.html

This is the best news to hit town in a while. I know you will be pleased with the service.

Regards,
white light

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Prices please. The website doesn't have them. Membership fee? Cost per ounce/pound?
Thanks.

white light

Sep 25, 2006
Here's all the information I have

yes, they do mail service to Sosua. There is no membership fee. They do charge a delivery service if the delivery is out all of Puerta Plata.

the cost per ounce is 20 pesos

the cost per pound is 81 pesos

if you can call the office the lady speaks English and would be willing to help Answer any questions.

I'm tired of paying the high cost of Business Mail, so this was a real benefit for me. I hope it helps others. '

WL

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Business Mail is cheap compared to EPS.

But I have to say that EPS is very reliable. I have been using their service for nearly 20 years and have never lost a package.

What can you tell us about White Light? Is this a fly by night operation or a solid alternative to EPS and Business Mail. Cheap rates are only part of the story.

How do they get the parcels here and how long does it take from arrival at the Florida address to delivery here?

white light

Sep 25, 2006
my account with this company is new

it's a solid business and not a fly by night operation . From the time a package arrives in Florida it takes three business days to arrive in the Dominican Republic.

I do not have all the answers for this company. I just thought I would share with others what I have found. I do a great deal of shopping through the USA and I need the cheaper rates.

if you're happy with your service don't bother to switch.

WL

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm happy with the service of EPS but price much higher than Business Mail. BM not available in Sosua.

I'll call and see what they have to say.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"White Light"?????????????????????????????????????

Since your first post on DR1 is basically An Advertisement (SPAM) for a new mail service,forgive me if I suspect your glowing endorsement of the service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:surprised
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

white light

Sep 25, 2006
I have nothing to do with this company

I have never posted on this website because of the negativity by so many different people. I have been reading this website for over four years. You can call me anything you want, I was just trying to help.

I feel pity for anybody who looks for help from the opinionated people on this board.

Goodbye and any newcomers good luck

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Thanks for the reply white light. For that reason, the thread will remain open. A first time poster recommending a company that none of us ever heard of, is usually Spam. In your case, it may not be. I´m giving you the benefit of the doubt here, so, get your knickers out of the knot OK! You´re welcome to continue posting.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thanks for the reply white light. For that reason, the thread will remain open. A first time poster recommending a company that none of us ever heard of, is usually Spam. In your case, it may not be. I?m giving you the benefit of the doubt here, so, get your knickers out of the knot OK! You?re welcome to continue posting.

Exactly! After 10 years and almost 1/2 million posts, the odds are in the favor of spam :)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sounds like White Light is having a bad hair day. To get all upset simply because clarification of his/her relationship with the company makes one wonder.

If he/she has been reading the board as long as claimed, then the question of any new poster recommending a new company should not have been unexpected.

White light, in your farewell, did you mean you weren't going to post any more or that you are going to stop reading the posts?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Ken, did you get a chance to try the service?

I have joined them & am waiting my first two shipments at this moment! The company is called XMail & ther are situated on the first floor of ofices in downtown Doce de Julio. My shipments are heavier than the norm for me, so I chose to use the sea shipment version (much cheaper & I am not in a hurry for the goods) - hopefully they will be with me by the early part of next week which will mean 3 weeks door-to-door! I'll keep you posted on sucess (or otherwise!!). ~ Grahame.

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
I have never posted on this website because of the negativity by so many different people. I have been reading this website for over four years. You can call me anything you want, I was just trying to help.

I feel pity for anybody who looks for help from the opinionated people on this board.

Goodbye and any newcomers good luck

Definately not a place for anyone who is thin skinned.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
For GringoSabroso
Hopefully you managed to find this at last CHARLES & that it answers some of the questions you were asking on the other thread. Give Rai a call on the Tel. No. on the first post here (that's Page ONE, Item ONE!!) for any further information you require &/or call in to see her in Calle 12 de Julio. Rates are NOT in their brochure as far as I can see but Rai will quote them to you. NOTE, ........ for non urgent & HEAVY items, they offer a "by ship/sea" rate that is much cheaper per pound than airfreight! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi Windeguy - try e-mailing Rai at Xmailsa@gmail.com.
My goods (golfclubs) should be costing about US $0.60 per pound plus any aduana charges - that is the element I am not sure about!!
Airmail prices are approx US $2.5 per pound depending on size & configuration of packet. I seem to recall ITEBIS is calculated on top of this but I am not too sure on that point! Either way, it is cheaper than Business Mail & so far, communication between us has been good!!

I don't suffer junk mail costs via Buisness Mail - I refuse to accepy it saying that it IS junk & was not ordered!! Junk mail in soon stopped!! ~ Grahame.