New baby at Ocean World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Dolphin was born to mother 'Serena' August 21, 2006.

First recorded and confirmed successful (live) baby dolphin born in the Dominican Republic, according to Ocean World's knowledge.

Their females are just now getting into breeding age, it will be the first of many. In the Bahamas, they had two dolphin babies born in the last 4 weeks (including the first baby from a baby born at the facility), they have already 10 born there and they expect the same record here.

The name has not been decided, since they don't know if its a male or female yet. They are thinking of doing a naming contest with local schools with the winning kid getting their class a free day at Ocean World.

new_baby.jpg

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That is adorable, I don't think I've ever seen a baby Dolphin even in Niagara Falls.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Oh....that is so cute....can't wait until my next trip, so I can visit "it" personally.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Great photography! I am delighted that Ocean World is such a success... It is a must see for all tourists (& locals too!) Canadian Bob.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
OMG, how adorable!!! i'm going to have to visit ocean world this trip - can't believe i've never been and stay down the street from there. sooo cute!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.