: Nude Or Clothing Optional Beaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

donrc

Sep 30, 2006
Hello Everyone!
First, I am new to your forum. I am going to be staying at The Bahia Principe Resort, San Juan in April of next year and was wondering if there are any clothing optional or nude beaches in my area. Some area where I could enjoy a little skinny dipping, maybe!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i dont think there are any official nude beaches....however..in the south we hung out at Guayacanes mid-week...and it was so quiet etc that there was some nudity there.

I am sure there are spots in the north that are equaly as quiet that nobody will be around or if they are they wont freak out over a bit of nudity.

donrc

Sep 30, 2006
Nude Beaches

Thanks for the info. Could you tell me how far Guayacanes is from Bahia Principe Resort?

donrc

Sep 30, 2006
Nude Beach

I read obout Eden Bay, but I don't have any transportation to get there. I heard Eden Bay was about 40 minutes fom where I will be staying.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Rio San Juan is at least 4 1/2- 5 hours away from Guayacanes!
There is plenty of private beach near your resort in Rio San Juan within walking distance down the beach.

donrc

Sep 30, 2006
Nude Beach

Thanks Tamborista, I will check it out and if it is good for a skinny dip,it will be what I want.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
tambo...was just trying to point out that i was pretty certain that if one found a quiet beach away from the tourist areas...that nudity shouldnt be a problem. Sure i cant recommend any spots on the north...but i wanted to give the OP some encouragement.

No offence taken tambo...but i think if one finds any quiet beach skinny dipping is quite acceptable...even in the main beaches many of the euro women go topless. its just not that big of a deal

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
How many Dominican's have you seen swinging their chorizo around the public beach?

It's really not acceptible in Dominican society to be out of your bathing suit in public.

This ain't Mykonos Bro.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Eden Bay is owned by the same folks who own Caliente, the world class nudist resort in my neck of the woods in Tampa. Based on how well they did Caliente, Eden Bay should be outstanding.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
How many Dominican's have you seen swinging their chorizo around the public beach?

It's really not acceptible in Dominican society to be out of your bathing suit in public.

This ain't Mykonos Bro.

Uh...actually i have seen quite a few chorizos swinging on the less populated beaches. And there was nothing really sexual (or gay) about it...just dudes who were uninhibited and cool about jumping in the water au natural. and yes...i am talking about dominicans...not tourists. I bet ya if a tourist wanted to go skinny dipping at a quiet beach no one would complain.

sooooooo..to the OP..i cant really suggest a specific beach....but do some research and find a beach that is not over run by tourists and is not too busy. THe beach that i meantioned (albiet in the sud) was vacant except for us...one nekid guy (far away to our left) and a family (far away to our right).

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
jrzyguy, I have to agree with you on this one. I myself have gone skinny dipping at some of the more isolated beaches. When I go to the DR though I prefer staying in the south around Azua since I can get away from all the tourists. You can easily find some secluded areas to get an all over tan.

donrc

Sep 30, 2006
Nude Beaches

Eden Bay sounds good except I am going to be a good ways in Bahia Principe Resort in San Juan. I was hoping for something a bit closer,on the same beach maybe!

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
Eden Bay

You can easily take the Gua Gua from Bahia Principe to Eden Bay. You change in Rio San Juan. It's a fun experience and the staff at Bahia Principe should be able to tell you how to hail the gua gua.

If you speak spanish you can tell the driver that you want off at Eden Bay and Im sure he will stop for you. It's located between Rio San Juan and Cabrera.
There are day passes available at Eden Bay for $70 per day which includes one or two meals and beverages. I dont remember the exact details, but you can check it out at edenbay.com

The gua gua's run to about 6pm so you would want to leave to go back to Bahia Principe around 4:30 just to be safe. I would guess the total travel time would be around 30-45 minutes. Cost by gua gua would be 20 pesos I believe each way.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

This ain't Mykonos Bro.

do women go topless on other beaches in the island, I see them all the time on Playa Dorada. People just glance and whisper but its perfectly fine there.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am all set for my next trip, I just bought a new Man Thong, I will try it out on Sosua Beach! Maybe a day trip to Eden to eliminate the tan lines.
Do I need to cover up on The Gua Gua?

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I am all set for my next trip, I just bought a new Man Thong, I will try it out on Sosua Beach! Maybe a day trip to Eden to eliminate the tan lines.
Do I need to cover up on The Gua Gua?

hehehehe no no need to cover up, just need a sombrero!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.