First time traveler to DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

efreni

Oct 1, 2006
I am a first time traveler to DR. My husband and I will be staying at Villas Jasmin in Puerta Plata. We are flying into Santiago airport. Does anyone know how far away the airport is and how is the best way to travel from the airport to the resort? Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Hi,

From Santiago to Puerto Plata is about one hour; I use JJ from Santiago Airport - very reliable, Speaks English.

Send an email to palomalinda0890@hotmail.com. His wife, Rocio, will send you back information as to rates and more specifics.

I learned of JJ from this forum and he's everything anyone has ever said about him - terrific.

Have a great time.
Ro

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Villas Jasmin is in Costambar, a "gated" community just west of Puerto Plata. It is a very nice, quiet resort. About a 10 minute walk to the soft sand beach. There are several small restaurants & stores where you can buy anything you might need. There is also a shuttle service from VJ to Puerto Plata, & a taxi stand 10 minutes walk from VJ if you want to go to Puerto Plata or the excellent "Ocean World" at nearby Cofraci. You can get all this information at Villas Jasmin, which also has a tennis court. Have a super vacation! Canadian Bob.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you want to call Rocío. send me a PM and I'll send you her phone number. they are a class act....

HB

LaCampagna

Oct 1, 2006
Well, apparently, everyone raves about JJ, so I don't know if I should even recommend you anyone else, but Apolo Taxi has the best cars, mini-vans, etc.

Drivers are usually very responsible and reliable, so you might want to give them a call.

809-583-8383

Status
Not open for further replies.