Places to go in Long Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
i'm going back to Puerto Plata after being gone for almost 3months (super long time for me) and i'm looking forward to seeing the new Long Beach and the progress with the roads (if any). i don't know much about Long Beach other than driving past there all the time and occasionally going to "cositas rica," which is down the street. what else is there to see and do in the area? good bars? good restaurants? i've read many many post about the ongoing work and i'm anxious to spend some time in long beach. what do you suggest? thanks in advance.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
As of a couple of weeks ago, there was nothing "new" on Long Beach except the sand. I guess some would say it was "addition by subtraction" with the buildings which were torn down.

I know there are plans to build a large hotel on the corner, but it seems in the meantime, if they want people to come to the beach, they need to at least allow vendors to sell beverages, snacks, etc. There are still the same restaurants a bit further West on the Malecon.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
ok, so much for that. i was under the impression that the rebuilding including new vendors, bars, ect... i know it's too soon to have full blown establishments, but i thought small vendors would be there. oh well. thanks for the info.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
There are no small vendors anywhere on the Malecon. The small vendors are now on the sidestreets.

As far as I know there is no current plans to build a hotel. There was a rumor not long ago about Hilton but it was just a rumor. I have heard plans to build a couple of office towers (6 floors) not far from Long Beach corner. I've heard no plans to build restaurants or anything else yet.

Closest restaurants, Cosita Rica and the new restaurant right next door, and Portofino's.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
As far as I know there is no current plans to build a hotel. There was a rumor not long ago about Hilton but it was just a rumor. I have heard plans to build a couple of office towers (6 floors) not far from Long Beach corner. I've heard no plans to build restaurants or anything else yet.
I don't know how reliable this information is but I heard there is a hotel going up there and Cristal's will also be history in a few months too.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Property for sale!

If you go to long beach now you will see a sign that says this property is for sale private.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
I don't know how reliable this information is but I heard there is a hotel going up there and Cristal's will also be history in a few months too.

i've heard of cristals, is it a club??? i've also heard it's a topless bar - is that true?

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
hmmm, does that mean YEs?:ermm:
Cristals is a strip club/whorehouse, so I have heard.
2j29mo5.jpg

2r2b0yg.jpg

2cndrgl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.