Hotel Hamilton - Boca Chica

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
it looks ok...but i would recommend either costalunga (same prices when i checked) or candil (a bit more).

This place is just around the corner from both that i meantioned...but its also where things turn a bit more dicey

Is it just me..but the pool area pics just dont look so nice. Not that i spend time a the pool (i am usualy at the beach).

as far as moto noise...at costaluga...ask for a room in the back facing the pool. At candil...just ask for a room NOT on the street (asking for a room by the pool is prefered...but they have a courtyard...and on more than one occasion there were families making a ton of noise in the pool first thing in the morning).

lastly..if you are taking a moto at night to where the hotel in mention is...you should be fine....i strongly recommend my two choices tho...a bit more closer and i have never had a problem...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thanks for the feedback.

My favorite is Hotel El Caucho but I can't seem to get an answer about their status. Someone at work mentioned Hotel Hamilton. If El Candil is a better choice I don't mind spending a few extra pesos. I prefer a guest friendly low key hotel which eliminates Hotel Europa.

portcityplaya

Oct 10, 2004
Hey Bigbird,

Hotel El Candil for sure. Me and one of my friends both had one bedroom suites there about 3 weeks ago. Great location and the accomodations were great. El Caucho is still opened but the guys that were running it before are not there anymore. The owner of the place threw them out because she said they were behind on payments. Here is the link to their hotel: Hotel Boca Chica Residencial El Candil, Rep?blica Dominicana. They are a secure hotel and you have to be buzzed in. You can only have one female guest at a time and they have to leave ID at the desk. They cannot leave until you walk them out which is for your protection. When we were there it was pretty quiet as it was the slow season. It should be picking up though so you may want to call soon for reservations.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Was There Visiting Some Guys From New York Last Week!

No "Frills",but "GIRLS<GIRLS<GIRLS" in the lobby,gameroom,restaurant,out front,EVERYWHERE! two of them were "Stricking" many "Average" and some real "Escapees From The Kennel"!;) Good Italian food in the small restaurant too. If you are coming to get some "LOCAL COLOR" it is a great place to find some!!!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
No "Frills",but "GIRLS<GIRLS<GIRLS" in the lobby,gameroom,restaurant,out front,EVERYWHERE! two of them were "Stricking" many "Average" and some real "Escapees From The Kennel"!;) Good Italian food in the small restaurant too. If you are coming to get some "LOCAL COLOR" it is a great place to find some!!!

what are you talking about C.C? i hope you are talking about hamilton and not candil. cuz there is no lobby, gameroom or restaurant at candil.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
YES!...I AM Talking About The "Hamilton"!

You are the one that got off the "OP's" question,not me!!;)

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

bigga111169

Oct 24, 2006
to whoever,

i have been going to boca chica for 5 yrs....out of all the cheap hotels.....costalunga is the best....looking for fun...the girls are at the front...security is good...motoconchos look out for you....you are their bread and butter....ok....costalunga...in the heart of...everything