Football game - Satellite TV?

meshelr

Oct 2, 2006
Is there a place in Punta Cana where an NFL game could be watched on a Sunday? Not sure if any of the resorts have a sports bar?

theCeo

Apr 18, 2005
Is there a place in Punta Cana where an NFL game could be watched on a Sunday? Not sure if any of the resorts have a sports bar?

Just got back from Punta Cana (today, yes I'll have a full report and pics sometime this week). Stayed at Sunscape The Beach and yes, there was football. They used the Disco as a sports bar on Sundays. As most know, satellite TV in DR is spotty, but they manage to pull off Eagle-Dallas (yeah baby!).

Nothing like the US, but it's not bad. At one point, the channels lost signal, but it came back soon. I've been to DR so much that I'm not so upset when things like satellite tv, phone service, traffic lights or even all power blinks out; it's just the way it is in DR.

Have fun!

G

gary short

That was one hell of a crappy game tonight. Personally at this point I'd rather watch frickin steeple chasing or paint drying.

meshelr

Oct 2, 2006
Thanks for the update on the football game. I talked to Miguel at Breezes and he said that all they get is Fox Sports which is great since that's who will be airing the game. But unfortunately I have a feeling the Giants-Falcon game will be the primary East coast game at 1pm instead of the Saints-Eagles game. But we'll cross our fingers. Go Eagles!