Any gas in Sosua or Santiago?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
pto pta

same in puerto plata, i had problems getting to work today for all the queues to gas stations, can someone fill me in as to what is going on? i have not seen any news about new acts of terrorism but maybe i'm not up to date?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
DR1 News said:
Fuel shortage
A shortage of fuel is affecting several parts of the country, including Santo Domingo, Santiago and San Cristobal, but the Ministry of Industry and Commerce says that the deficit will be resolved next Thursday with the arrival of two tankers carrying 415,000 barrels. Lopez admitted that the tankers were late in arriving. He explained that one of the tankers is coming from Houston, Texas carrying 200,000 barrels, and the other is from Colombia, carrying 215,000 tankers. Another tanker coming from either Venezuela or Colombia is expected to arrive later in the month.
The article in yesterday's DR1 News refers to fuel arriving "next Thursday". I hope he is referring to tomorrow and not next week.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
This is unbelievable!

NYMEX Crude is trading @ $58.40 right now after the inventory report, and these bozos can't get their act together. Maybe the tankers stopped in Habana for a Cuban?

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I was in Sosua all weekend until Monday and had NO problems getting gas in Cabarete or Sosua. The lines didnt even seem long by any means. Im used to waiting longer for gas here in the US.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
exactly! no lines in pto pta up till today. maybe it is just a sheep like behaviour?

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
i was told that gas stations do this on purpose... they stop selling gas to force gov't to increase gas prices instead of lowering it. sooo they stop selling gas. This happened in imbert last month to me... no gas.. some street guy approach me selling me gas at $200 pesos a gallon... told him no and continue my way to santiago... and at altamira i filled up car with out problem.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
fuel thing

makes me nostalgic by reminding of communist poland... ;)
hope that the queues will dissapear thou, they make everyone's life miserable.

eztxb

Jul 17, 2006
pump price in texas today

not that it will help with a shortage there just to let youall know about pricing here,,,, today down to $1.99 a gallon down from $3.40 6 weeks ago

eztxb

Jul 17, 2006
pump price in texas today

not that it will help with a shortage there just to let youall know about pricing here,,,, today down to $1.99 a gallon down from $3.40 6 weeks ago so maybe it will be cheaper when you do get some ,,, hope so

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
i was told that gas stations do this on purpose... they stop selling gas to force gov't to increase gas prices instead of lowering it. sooo they stop selling gas. This happened in imbert last month to me... no gas.. some street guy approach me selling me gas at $200 pesos a gallon... told him no and continue my way to santiago... and at altamira i filled up car with out problem.

All fuel prices are set by the government on a weekly basis, with distributor margins set by law. See the web site for breakdown of prices and price history. AVISO PARA ESTA SEMANA::SECRETARIA DE ESTADO DE INDUSTRIA Y COMERCIO::

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
We are in Punta Cana and there is the NO gas anywhere. We are told by the weekend". But it is a little frightening seeing "30" miles remaining on the gas gauge! And of course when the gas comes we will all pay whatever they ask which is exactly what they want. right?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We filled up at 11:00 yesterday morning. By 2:00pm the same petrol station (Churchill con Sarasota) was deserted.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I found only one gas station in Puerto Plata with any supply. It is the new station right across from the hospital.

Other stations told me they do not expect delivery until Friday here.