what can my brother do?

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
Hello, my little brother is facing a legal/sentimental problem. He had a dominican girlfriend, they were getting alone very well he even put a small clothes store to help her make some money and to have "business together". My brother rented the place, bought all the merchandise and supported financially the store, she just had to manage it, and she did it. He was doing all the preparation to move to DR (he lives in Boston). But in one trip to DR he found that she was pregnant (but not from him!!!) turns out that she was living with some guy in DR. The problem is that now she claims that she ownes part of the store, that my brother has to compensate her for the time that she worked, if he doesn't cooperate she's going to sue him in the department of labor, he might go to jail or something. He's afraid and is thinking to give her some money (but he doesn't want to).
I want to know if there's anything that he can do, is there a law that protects him or he has to pay?
He paid her all the time that she was working there, and sent her many other stuff for her and her family..
right now the store had been vandalized a bit, and we had to put some security guard to protect it. thanx

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
This is too the men [/B]who jump over board with women they don't know or have known for a short time. STOP! spend more time with your lady friend. Long distance love, can put a strain on your relationship. Absents makes the heart grow fonder, or is it out of site out of mine.

Last edited:

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
How long had he know this girl? She obviously had other plans. He must have told her that he was moving to DR. to be closer to her, and that someday they will get married, buy a house, have some kid, etc, etc. I'm sorry too hear what has happened.

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
thanks all of you

Thanks robert for the advice, I gave my brother Mr. Fabio's number, he definitively will contact him...He's in shock, angry, depressed but he has to move on..
You know Karenssp, no matter how many times you tell somebody to be careful, to investigate a little deeper, that love at first sight can be confuse with trick at first sight, and you get in response to all this warnings , you don't want me to be happy!, I know what I'm doing, Can't you trust someone?, It's my life, and so on... when this kind of results comes up all you have to do is to be supportive, I don't want to say: I told you so!!!, but that's what he deserves, he threw all the cautions to the wind and went with this relationship with apparently no future at all. My brother isn't a big gem, but they didn't have anything in common. Besides sex I don't what they possible could be talking about.
some people tells me that he has a problem of self esteem and he tries to get involved with people less fortune than him, just to feel that he's the big shot. imagine, when he went to the girl's family he was the cute white guy with dollars on his pocket, and everybody wanted to be close to him, maybe he felt good about it.
and now who's left close to him, we, the real family and friend, people who really care about him... too sad!!!
If he would be a stinky old guy, tired of his marriage with an ugly wife with bad breath, retired, with nothing interesting going on in his life, and he gets a young woman to play the protective with her I would undestand this relationship, but my little brother is a young man, not the cuttest but certainly not the ugliest, smart (well that's what I thought) with a family that loves him, I really don't get it...

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
ouch, I feel bad for your brother but unfortunally that is the really to most of this long term relationship is that, the person livng outside of DR get screw this way most of this local girls hook-up with guys like your bother and they see them as a way of their financial problems.

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
ouch, I feel bad for your brother but unfortunally that is the really to most of this long term relationship is that, the person livng outside of DR get screw this way most of this local girls hook-up with guys like your bother and they see them as a way of their financial problems.
yes it's true, but I thank god that this happened 'early' and she isn't wise enough to wait 'till she got a kid from my brother, or 'till he gets her out of DR as his wife, I think the punch is lighter at this point.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Time to move on ....

It could have been worse .... a kid, STD, your brother getting assaulted (locals get others to do that), or losing a lot more money. Sankies/sankiettes will love you as long as your pockets are full afterwards next victim. :ermm:

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
Sankiette's Name

Post her sankiette name on the board. Others need to be aware of the Sankies that are out there, before they get hurt or too involved. Some people have been in bad relationships and they go to other countries, full in love (so they think).... but the people in DR know who these sankie:cheeky: people are??? You, me, they whom ever don't know who they are. Sooooooooo if we know of them inform others. I'm sure you don't want to see you brother, sister, aunt, niece, nephews hurt. A little warning may go a long way. They may see something, hear something.....that may trigger the brain cell.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Post her sankiette name on the board.
I don't think this would help, I doubt she is a professional and that others have to watch out for her. This is a fairly common thing here in the DR.

My first Dominican wife stayed with me until the "very" day she became eligible for her American citizenship.

I think it is a far better thing to just "repeat" the warnings......... just too many names to post!

This kind of thing happening is not a profession (normally).