Buscando mi Familia

Pastor Jose Elias

Oct 5, 2006
www.peakministries.org
Hola,
Mi nombre es Jose Elais Gonzalez y soy un Pastor en los Estadoa Unidos. Tengo 39 anos y estoy tratando de encontrar mi familia en Santo Domingo.

Mi padre se llamaba Andres Gonzalez y era Hijo de Bimbo Gonzalez y la Senora Carmen Lilraiano.

Si alquien sabe algo de los Gonzalez de Santaiago y me pude ayudar encontrar alquien. Le doy mil gracias.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Hola,
Mi nombre es Jose Elais Gonzalez y soy un Pastor en los Estadoa Unidos. Tengo 39 anos y estoy tratando de encontrar mi familia en Santo Domingo.

Mi padre se llamaba Andres Gonzalez y era Hijo de Bimbo Gonzalez y la Senora Carmen Lilraiano.

Si alquien sabe algo de los Gonzalez de Santaiago y me pude ayudar encontrar alquien. Le doy mil gracias.
Ser?a bueno ofrecer informaci?n m?s espec?fica.

?En qu? sector de Santiago su familia vive?

?Algun miembro de la familia tiene una distinci?n o ejerce una profesi?n?

Etc.

Sea m?s espec?fico. Quiz? alguien lo conozca y ser? capaz de ayudarte en su b?squeda.

?Buena suerte!

-NALs

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might want to learn how to write in Spanish!

Your mother's last name has to be Liriano.

Are you referring to "Santo Domingo" as a country? Or are you looking to find family in Santiago?

Are your parents still alive? Does your church have any contacts inthe DR?

Need more info..

HB

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
This doesnt strike the two of you as rather odd? The circumstances, the bad spanish, the fact that he chose to write in Spanish rather than English, the reigning language here (which, if he cannot communicate well in spanish, would also presumably be the language of choice for him)?

Pastor Jose Elias

Oct 5, 2006
www.peakministries.org
well truthfully if I thought that I had to be impressing someone with my writing skills as well as my choice of "reigning language" I would of taken the time to properly impress you an appease your chat room protocol etiquette.
But seeing that with my not so good Spanish, someone has responded. Looks like I may of communicated to someone who understands my bad Spanish

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Sorry Pastor

Some people are more concerned with smart remarks then trying to help.
Please ask God to forgive them and I pray someone may be able to help you. I am in Santiago but leaving in about 3 days.

Good luck in locating them.

God Bless.

Don - SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Telephone Listings

The latest Santiago telephone book from Verizon shows 3 Andres Gonzales's:

I could not find any names spelled "Lilraiano" in the Verizon phone book.
There are other phone companies, and I do not know if they publish their own books or whether all phones regardless of company are in the Verizon book.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Verizon White Pages

The following URL allows you to look up white pages for all the different cities of the Dominican Republic. BTW, the Verizon phone book does list those that have other phone companies, I looked up a friends name that has Tricom and it was listed.

All three entries are required.

D.R. White Pages

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I could not find any names spelled "Lilraiano" in the Verizon phone book.

This is because the original poster could not spell his mother's last name correctly. If you read Hillbilly?s 'smart' post, Liriano is the correct name. Let's refrain from posting people's telephone numbers on the internet - If they want them there, they can put 'em there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Is Elias your last name? Or is it González.??

I asked you whether your family was from Santo Domingo or from Santiago. Liriano is a very "Santiago" name. Do you have any area of Santiago in mind?

This should not be a hard thing to solve.

HB

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Numbers on the Internet

Let's refrain from posting people's telephone numbers on the internet - If they want them there, they can put 'em there.

The numbers posted are already on the Internet, just use the above link from Verizon. I just re-posted them here from an Internet site that everyone in the world with Internet service can view.

The information posted is "public" knowledge, if they do not want their number in the public domain, then they should request a "private" number from their service provider.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
SantiagoDR, if the folks want their numbers in the telephone directory and visible, it is their decision. If you re-post them here without their permission, it is your decision. I am perhaps a little sensitive about the privacy of others, and would like it to be their decision as to where they want their information to appear. We have spammers, information harvesters and goodness knows what else on this site. Let's not be the ones to give them grist for their mills.

Pastor Jose Elias

Oct 5, 2006
www.peakministries.org
My Full name is Jose Elias Gonzalez - I cannot tell you much about what area in Santiago becuase I was a teenager when my father died.

I met my Grandmother Carmen Liriano who at the time was living in New York with her daughter Lilllian (at the time herLillian had a stroke and what I can remember her telling me she was an opera singer in New York.)

My Grandfather was an Orator by the name of Bimbo Gonzalez, he was in a book of famous people the Balaguer(if that's how you spell it) wrote and mention my grandfather.

I will continue to see if I can gather any more information. I think I have a newspaper clipping of the Funeral announcement of my Father.

Thanks everyone for your help.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
My Full name is Jose Elias Gonzalez - I cannot tell you much about what area in Santiago becuase I was a teenager when my father died.

I met my Grandmother Carmen Liriano who at the time was living in New York with her daughter Lilllian (at the time herLillian had a stroke and what I can remember her telling me she was an opera singer in New York.)

My Grandfather was an Orator by the name of Bimbo Gonzalez, he was in a book of famous people the Balaguer(if that's how you spell it) wrote and mention my grandfather.

I will continue to see if I can gather any more information. I think I have a newspaper clipping of the Funeral announcement of my Father.

Thanks everyone for your help.

The title of the book by Balaguer is "Memorias de un Cortesano de la Era de Trujillo". The story about your grandfather Bimbo Gonzalez is on page 35 with a picture of him.

Pastor Jose Elias

Oct 5, 2006
www.peakministries.org
Yes that is the book. I tried to gather more information from it but it did not go into details about my grandfather. So that's why I am wondering if there are grandchildren or son's or anybody who may still have knowledge of that Family.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Chris - Off Topic Response

I do understand your point of view Chris.

I am not a stranger to "Identity Theft", I have been a victim.

People need to sometime be waken up to what's going on, now I think others may realize more that their name, phone number and addresses are readily available on the Internet for anyone to see.

In my case I was fortunate in a sense, one woman from a credit card company was very good at her job. She did not like some of the discrepancies in the application and took the time to find and contact me.

I have no praise for other credit card companies, they issued a credit card to the thief. When I asked why did they do that, the thief did not have my CORRECT date of birth.

Their response was that IT WAS CLOSE!!!!!!

Pastor Jose Elias, glad to see that things are starting to look up in your search for your family here in the DR. Hopefully with the help of HillyBilly in Santiago and others you will have success in locating them.

God Bless

Don - SantiagoDR.

Thanks to everyone for helping Pastor Jose Elias in his search for his family. He is a friend. As you know he's new here. He's a good man. He's a youth pastor in FL, who does great things with the youth there. He is also going to start bringing short term mission teams to the DR starting next year.