Why is google down"?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For several days ( a week? or so) google, and http://gmail.google.com/mail have been nearly inaccessable.

I wonder if is me? I DO take baths! My machine? A new Dell laptop?

Everything worked fine for a few months. Yahoo is working and internet surfing goes well....

Anyone??

HB

Last edited:

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
I experience similar problems with google and a few other sites. A separate thread mentioned that Google's latin american server was in Vz or somewhere and so perhaps isnt as reliable as what you get in North America.

Additionally, there have been some recent threads about changing your DNS numbers. Rocky seems to the resident genius on this front.

Good luck.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
It's a stored version of the page your PC keeps on file to save bandwidth that would be used by downloading the same stuff over and over, but sometimes confuses secure pages like gmail.

Go to the page you are having trouble loading and click refresh or press F5 while holding down the shift key, sometimes this helps.

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
HIllbilly it is not you and it has nothing to do with clearing the cache. there is another thread about this (Verizon) and Rocky solved the problem You need to input new DNS numbers to replace the old ones. Works like a charm. Will PM you.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Or go to the English version at: www.google.com/webhp as they have a LOT more bandwidth for the English-speaking users.

(ain't it spooky how google just automatically gives you "Google Dominican Republic" here? I hate that they want to remind you about google being Big Brother's tattletale)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Or go to the English version at: Google as they have a LOT more bandwidth for the English-speaking users.

(ain't it spooky how google just automatically gives you "Google Dominican Republic" here? I hate that they want to remind you about google being Big Brother's tattletale)
Drives me crazy. You can set it to English version, and to only search English results.
The only problem is that when you clear out your cookies, you have to reset the languages again.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I saw what Rocky put up yesterday, but I really am a chicken when it comes to new technology. However, with the encouragement ouf you all, I went into the "innerds" of my laptop and changed the address..

And it works like a dream.. Just the one try for google but it was up and running in lickety split...

My thanks to you all!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I saw what Rocky put up yesterday, but I really am a chicken when it comes to new technology. However, with the encouragement ouf you all, I went into the "innerds" of my laptop and changed the address..

And it works like a dream.. Just the one try for google but it was up and running in lickety split...

My thanks to you all!!
Now you're a Technobilly.