V8 Engine in DR

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I know gas prices are ridiculous - everywhere... I have the possibility of taking my truck to DR sometime next year but I want to know just how bad it would be to actually have it there.

It is a 4x4 with a V8 Engine. Gas kills me here, but will I end up trying to drive off a cliff there after a while? Do you guys think I can sell it if I can't handle the costs?

How much of a hassle is it to trade in a car or sell as an individual?

Thanks!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You can sell it but its not a hot item to buy. The buyer will install a natural gas tank in it to meet the cost of daily driving. Ford maybe a good car in USA but here, the parts will kill you and many parts are not easily found in DR. Not a hot item to bring here especially a V8.
AZB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm trying to figure out how AZB knows it's a Ford.
Gazoline costs more here, so owning a V8 hurts more than in the US.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
it is a Jeep grand cherokee Limited (fully loaded) not a ford. low miles and in excellent condition.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
it is a Jeep grand cherokee Limited (fully loaded) not a ford. low miles and in excellent condition.
If you have an opportunity to get it here without paying exhorbitant taxes, why not?
Then after a couple of years, sell it, before it becomes a maintenance problem.
As AZB mentioned, the parts availability is really inconvenient.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
How much does an 2003 Ford Explorer go for over there - V6 Excellent condition around 50K miles?
Thank you!
talldrink

Maybe thats where I got confused.
Anyway the guys who usually buy a huge truck with a V8 engine are the same guys who suffer from nepoleon syndrome, meaning: small penis and short in height.
I hope you are not suffering from that talldrink. Jejejejeje. me make a joke.
AZB

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
How much does an 2003 Ford Explorer go for over there - V6 Excellent condition around 50K miles?
Thank you!
talldrink

Maybe thats where I got confused.
Anyway the guys who usually buy a huge truck with a V8 engine are the same guys who suffer from nepoleon syndrome, meaning: small penis and short in height.
I hope you are not suffering from that talldrink. Jejejejeje. me make a joke.
AZB
You're close, AZB, real close.
Talldrink is a mujer.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Oh wait, I'm rolling here... well, since you KNOW better because you are one of the few that have met here I have no worries, so I laugh with you - But I digress...

I manage a fleet of cars here in the states so I come accross a lot of good deals. I've thought of selling some in DR - already sell some here in the states. But it seems too much trouble at the end of the day. I do however, plan to take a truck there prob next year to sell it in a few years.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
BTW - I need BIG truck b/c I am a TALL girl and I need a man with a bigger truck to fit him to fit me!! LOL

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
BTW - I need BIG truck b/c I am a TALL girl and I need a man with a bigger truck to fit him to fit me!! LOL
See the can of worms you just opened up, AZB?
Now this is going to get all sidetracked and hijacked, we'll land up getting our wrists slapped, and Robert will have to come in and close the thread.
And here's lil ole innocent me, with no intention of talking about the size of one's appendage, nor how to use it, and how it all relates to big trucks.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Rocky, AZ has met me so he knows of my need for a big truck. You'll see for yourself in January - I'm no little girl...

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Back on topic...

V8 engine vehicles are not hot cars in the DR. Unless you are wealthy of course. Cherokee parts are EXTREMELY hard to find and when you find them they are EXTREMELY expensive. My uncle has one in Santiago which he brought to the DR a few years ago. He brings parts back with him to the DR rather than buy over there.

The top 3 car manufacturers for which you will find parts easily and less expensive are: Toyota, Nissan & Mitsubishi. THIS IS SOMETHING TO DEFINATELY CONSIDER when sending a car to the DR.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Nissan parts a way more expensive then toyota. Keep that in mind also.
AZB

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
scusa..

talldrink, are you horizontally or vertically tall? to me horizontal and vertical are just positions on a scale..

zeus (primus inter pares):ninja:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Talldrink: If you have the possibility of bringing a diesel engined truck, do so by all means. They are getting much more popular now.

Also Toyota 4runners are a hot item. The smaller Land Rovers. The Honda FIT is a great little machine and very expensive here.

Yes, you would fit into a Honta FIT. I do, and I'm bigger than you are....
(Could be that I like tight fits??) <- Naw, those little Hondas are roomy-up front....

Anyway, if it is a truck you want to bring, think Toyota, Nissan, Dodge (with the Cummins diesel).....You will have a good vehicle for your use and plenty of room for "whatever"....

HB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Ok, I'll try to get back to everyone on this page (at least!)

Tigre - Yes Cherokee parts are VERY expensive, just found that out when my heater went out on the passenger side (dual temperature control panel).

Zeus - Im VERY tall - Not wide at all - only a bit a curves here and there :eek:) I look like a Dominican white girl LOL

Hillbilly - No diesel engine - just plain ol' gas guzzler engine - bummer.

Long story short: I am NOT bringing this truck nowhere near DR! I'm thinking of a smaller one like an Escape instead to bring down. I can only get American cars... No Hondas or Toyotas.

Thanks guys!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Zeus - Im VERY tall - Not wide at all - only a bit a curves here and there :eek:) I look like a Dominican white girl LOL
Let me ask some friends about SUV prices down there.......to see which ones can comfortably hold a Talldrink of water ;) ...........and you're probably as tall as my friend Gigi, she's a 6 ft tall Santiaguera here in Miami, another Dominican white girl, lol :p ......