Travel - DR to London

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
I know I should never want to leave this beautiful island however I'm thinking of going to London to do a little Chistmas shopping this fall.

Does anyone know if there are good deals from the DR to London? I've done a search and it seems that all of the posts are directed to people coming to the DR.

FYI: I have checked a few charter company web sites and most only give you information from London and not too London.

Jack

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
It's hard to get a charter flight going from here, but you can sometimes get standby from Punta Cana with Airtours or Thomson. Don't know about Puerta Plata.Be very careful about flying via USA if you are British as we have several cases of people returning by that route and not being allowed on the plane unless they are Dominican. You must have a return ticket to your passport country to fly via the USA. That leaves you with Air France via Paris or Iberia via Madrid, Martin air via Amsterdam or Air Europa via Milan. You can also get good deals using BA via Antigua!!! Check out those sites. Might see you on the plane as I am hoping to go for Xmas too!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You must have a return ticket to your passport country to fly via the USA.

Has it changed then? I've flown out of here once every 2 years for the past 14 years via USA to UK and I am UK/EU passport holder. I bought a return ticket from DR to UK and back to DR and never had a problem (well apart from the TSA stuff :ermm: ) but no immigration problem. I do have DR residency and always show this together with my ticket in US - no question of not being allowed on the plane. Good gracious! Matilda, are you talking about people who couldn't prove they lived in DR who had a problem or people with a one-way ticket? That I can understand.

I intend going back for a visit in 2007 - was rather hoping the Brit. schedule services would have started by then to avoid all the schizamatazz of going via US; so far, however, haven't seen any developments on this front.

Jack, you can always buy a return ticket on a charter out of UK and just use the return half; or if you don't mind buying your ticket at the last minute, getting a one way on a charter out of DR which has an available seat.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Lambada. 2 cases in the last month. Friend who runs a bar here flew to Uk on Delta via New York. On return, Delta at manchester airport refused to let her on plane as she had not got return ticket to UK. She explained she was using her return and lived in R, and had residency. No good. They insisted she had return ticket to her passport country. She had to buy charter flight 2 way from Manchester. Second, friends from US. America citizens. Fly to US twice a year but live here too. Flew to US a month or so ago. Came to fly back.ot allowed to board plane without return ticket, so had to buy another ticket. Not sure if this is policy, but it is a pain in the..... as it is much cheaper to fly via US.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada. 2 cases in the last month. Friend who runs a bar here flew to Uk on Delta via New York. On return, Delta at manchester airport refused to let her on plane as she had not got return ticket to UK. She explained she was using her return and lived in R, and had residency. No good. They insisted she had return ticket to her passport country. She had to buy charter flight 2 way from Manchester.

And she showed her onward ticket from NY to DR? That's appalling. Delta have no business selling her a ticket which is unusable and Manchester should have known she was using the return half of ticket because it would have been logged in the computer. I hope she made the biggest fuss imaginable........... Further question, she originally bought her ticket out of DR? And as one ticket with a change of flights? Not 2 separate journeys?

I promised myself never to go to UK via US again after a small incident outside NY airport 2 years ago. Having landed from DR I went to have a cigarette outside in the open air, before catching flight to UK. I got accosted by a man telling me I couldn't smoke (in the open air!!), so I ignored him. He got very persistent and eventually I had to scream 'rape' to get him to go away. He did, eventually. But subsequently people told me I should have obeyed him because he was wearing a police officer's uniform..........:rolleyes:

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
re london

Dont want to put a dampener on your trip, but London is not the best place to do your xmas shopping.
May I suggest Manchester

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
Flight to London

i would suggest to have a look at JetairFly, avion, Airlines, ticket, bookings, flight, travel, trip, charter. They have really cheap flights to Brussels. From there you can have a connexion to London also very cheap. It possible to make the reservation through internet.
I am flying on Wednesday and will come back 2 weeks later for a total of 328 euros. Do you know cheaper? (all taxes included!!!). If I had made the reservation today for Wednesday I would have paid 99 euros go go to Brussels!!!!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
And she showed her onward ticket from NY to DR? That's appalling. Delta have no business selling her a ticket which is unusable and Manchester should have known she was using the return half of ticket because it would have been logged in the computer. I hope she made the biggest fuss imaginable........... Further question, she originally bought her ticket out of DR? And as one ticket with a change of flights? Not 2 separate journeys?

Bought as one return ticket via travel agent (reputable) here. Did all as you suggest but made to feel like terrorist. Trying to get cash back fm Delta here:bored:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Bought as one return ticket via travel agent (reputable) here. Did all as you suggest but made to feel like terrorist. Trying to get cash back fm Delta here:bored:

If she gets any schtick contact company's independent directors email independent.directors@delta.com and remind them about company code of ethics .............
Fair Dealing
Directors shall oversee fair dealing by employees, officers and directors with the Company's customers, suppliers, competitors and employees. "Fair dealing" means the avoidance of unfair advantage through manipulation, concealment, abuse of privileged information, misrepresentation of material facts, or any other unfair dealing practice.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
e!

all this saving on charter flights is superficial. all travel agents from time to have a one-way seat on charter flight, the cost is around 250 dollars, plus their profit - so you may get it for let's say 300$. there is no guarantee you'll fly to london, or what city you'll be flying from here. you have to add the cost of transit and time. charters from uk at this time of year can be anything from 150 pounds (very much lats minute - next day!) to 400 pounds. i think altogether it is better to fly schedueled flight via paris or madrit, get yout pillow and a meal plus avoid travelling with burnt and drunk tourists on their way home. it may cost you 1000 bucks but saves you time and nerves, and who wants to get p****d off on xmas shopping spree?