mortgage on a peace of land.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
How do you plan on taking title to land that the seller does not own?
In The States the title gets cleared when the buyer pays off the old mortgage.
I would be curious to hear Fabio's response.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Maybe the lady @ Banco Popular is in cahoots with the "Land Owner" and they will take you for another ride!

Oct 3, 2006
you read my other post.... this deal is just getting more complicated by the moment....

sounds like it, but them that would mean there has to be allot of corruption from both the banks and the sellers of the home.

its possible, but unlikely? right?

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
johne? why are you knocking yourself out? No sense of smell? I'll pay you 10-12 % per year, cash for your money. John

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
stop

the bank has lent money to the current owner of the land to buy land of a CERTAIN SIZE.
The current owner of the land can not simply sell off the land in small chunks. The bank will lose IT'S property / security. I say 'IT'S'...because the bank is the owner of the property until the mortgagee pays the debt off! In, short the current owner is not free to sell any part of this land until HE holds the land title free and clear of any debt to the bank/lender!

Normally in any sale the lawyer conducting the sale will pay off the lender first ,and then give the remaining monies from the sale to the seller. So in effect the mortgage must be cleared in FULL before any sale can go through!

This sounds dodgy....!

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
A mortgage in a land does not limit the actual owner to sell the land to anyone, since it follows the land not the person and it would have the same legal effect over the land after it has been sold, this is if the mortgage has been duly publicized as required by law. The bank or the lending institution does not have a say in any of this, of course it will all be different if they are holding the title from the beginning, as they use to.

Regards,

Alfredo Guzman, Esq.