Dominican Restaurants in Houston TX.....

franco-da-chef

Oct 5, 2006
Eventhough I am moving back to NY soon, I will be traveling back to houston eventually.
Any domincanos living in houston who post on the board if you dont mind, please share some info as to where can I find me some dominican sol food?
I thank you in advance for your response!

-franco

afteraithe

Jun 10, 2009
There are some really good Dominican restaurants in Houston. But wherever you go, make sure you make reservations first. If you dont, it can get really messy with trying to get into the restaurant.

Hope this helps!

-Raithe

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
I can't think of any Dominican restaurants off the top of my head... but if you are looking for general Caribbean flavor there are tons. I used to frequent El Meson, a Cuban place, on University between Kirby and Morningside.

Doing a quick Google search, I found the following:
La Dominicana
Capriccio

Let me know how they are! I go back to Houston (my hometown) a few times a year and after few weeks I get tired of Tex-Mex.

And Fiesta is generally the best large supermarket for Latin food...

dondada

Aug 20, 2008
New Orleans - Louisiana
I am not aware of any Dominican restaurants in Houston. There is a Puerto Rican restaurant (El Caldero Boricua Restaurante) and several Colombian restaurants including (La Fogata).

There is no supermarket, liquor store, bar, colmado, etc., that sells Presidente.